Preparing for Baby Chin

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An update on my baby boy... I'm picking him up 6/29. He weighs 231 grams right now - I'll attach the most recent pictures she sent me. Do you think he will be able to squeeze through the bars and escape from the Ferret Nation or do you think he'll be OK?

I'm in love with him already - love at first sight! :) I've got sooo many goodies waiting for him! I returned all the junk to the pet store and ordered a bunch of great hanging and toss toys from a member here (javachin), a bridge and a bunch of shelves and toys from Whimsy's Menagerie, a fleece tube and hammock from Chinchilla City, and I might order him a Cuddle Buddy yet. He's going to be one spoiled little boy!

Still deciding on the name... I was thinking Loki and I still might go with that. I also thought about naming him Floyd because I love Pink Floyd, but Loki sounds cuter. Hmm...

Anyway, I'm so excited to get my baby!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370665131.137559.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370665153.021133.jpg

Your gonna love your stuff from whimsy. I got some things last week and my girls loved all of it. I would think you shouldn't have any issues with your boy squeezing through the bars but its hard to say without seeing it in person.

Thanks, guys! I do love the stuff from Whimsy!!! I'm waiting until we move to set up his cage and put everything in... I'm so antsy. I've been drawing up "plans" LOL

Until your chin is more than 400 grams he will fit through the FN bars no problem. I didn't believe it myself, but when I saw that my boys fit through their less than half inch holes in their houses! :eek: Once they get bigger, they will try and not be successful. We didn't remove our wire until our chins were both over 450 and unable to fit through those holes.

An update on my baby boy... I'm picking him up 6/29. He weighs 231 grams right now - I'll attach the most recent pictures she sent me. Do you think he will be able to squeeze through the bars and escape from the Ferret Nation or do you think he'll be OK?

Judging by the pictures alone, i would definitely say he could still fit through the bars of a FN. The trouble with that is, as they get bigger they will still try as long as they think theres half a chance. Which can lead to a chin that cant/shouldn't fit through getting stuck half way. That happened to one of my girls one night. Fortunately it was right before i fell asleep and was able to come out and get her out. - So if you have any doubts, it best to keep what ever protective measures you have taken in place. Much better safe then sorry.

I vote for Floyd too! So spoiled already, you're gonna be a great chinny mom!

Back