Prego chin attitude?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xnatebearx

Love me chins ^_^
So I recently bought a new chin, and after spending ages getting her name (nyx :)) she still has her awful attitude. The lady I bought her from said she did try to breed but was unsucessful. I have had this same problem with my other chins but with lots of love she softened up.

So my question is this: Is Nyx's possibility of being pregnant explain her attitude? She hasn't budged a bit on me, not even letting me near her cage to give her a treat.

All help is appreciated.

if she is new she could be just really scared of you rite now, or she could have been that way before and the lady didnt tell you? i know sometimes pregnancy will affect there temperment but not always

is she barking or trying to attack you? If she is barking she is sc ared or startled but she will be ok... i just recently bought some new chins from a breeder...one female that i fell in love with was very shy and timid..she barked the whole time i held her which i found so stinking adorable lol.... so she isnt being aggressive though?? Have you began to moniter her weight yet? This will help in you knowing if she is pregnant or not. also you could try counting down 111 days from the day you bought her... if she hasnt had anything by then, she most likely isnt prego

Did you buy from a breeder like the ones on here or where did you find the ad?

I wonder, and you probably don't know either. If not a reputable breeder, maybe something in the chins environment recently traumatized her. Could be anything really....dog, vacuum, little kid, who knows.

Either way, give her time. Don't be disheartened by it. One of my first chins barked the whole way home and I think for months after that. But he ended up being one of my favorites and the coolest chin kid ever after he got over whatever issue he had. Just be patient, eventually (hopefully) your kid will see that you are a loving parent and will settle down.

Did you buy from a breeder like the ones on here or where did you find the ad?

I wonder, and you probably don't know either. If not a reputable breeder, maybe something in the chins environment recently traumatized her. Could be anything really....dog, vacuum, little kid, who knows.

Either way, give her time. Don't be disheartened by it. One of my first chins barked the whole way home and I think for months after that. But he ended up being one of my favorites and the coolest chin kid ever after he got over whatever issue he had. Just be patient, eventually (hopefully) your kid will see that you are a loving parent and will settle down.

I actually bought her from a lady in Evansville, who claimed to be a breeder. She had two very loud kids, but she wasn't a very good chin mom. She said she may be prego she doesn't know, though she is kinda thick around the middle. That is another reason that made me think she could be.

I actually bought her from a lady in Evansville, who claimed to be a breeder. She had two very loud kids, but she wasn't a very good chin mom. She said she may be prego she doesn't know, though she is kinda thick around the middle. That is another reason that made me think she could be.

If I'm thinking of the same lady you're talking about, she's not a reputable breeder at all. I've met her before and picked up rescues from her before.

Back