Pregnant chin 'screaming' in the middle of the night?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babygirllllll

Atleast once every week or two, I'm woke up in the middle of the night for my chinchilla, which I believe to be pregnant, squealing so loudly, it almost sounds as if shes screaming. I immediately turn on the lights, and she appears to be fine every time. But its happened 3 or 4 times in the past month,so I'm beginning to get worried. She always appears normal when I check her and theres never any blood or fur anywhere in the cage. Does anyone know that problem could be?:unsure:

Welcome to my world! I have 6 2-4am screamers, they scream and run on the wheels. Not sure why but its not fright.

I have a couple of screamers also - all from the same pedigree lines. I will run to see what is wrong and they look at me as if to say 'what took you so long'

Not everything a chinchilla does has a reason and not every sound a chinchilla makes is related to pregnancy. She's just screaming.

So its nothing I should be worried about? I'm just kind of concerned, because she never really did it before, just within the past month. It sounds like shes in SO much pain, but she appears fine.

some chins are screamers. Once they scream like that and get your attention, they keep doing it. They train all of us humans quite well, and quickly, too.

I had the original 5 for years without a peep, then added a new one who was a screamer and the rest learned from him. Hannie is the worst, he sounds like he is hysterical and will scream for a min or 2 constantly.

Bronco is my screamer...he also makes beep noises and screams like a bird for no good reason. His children are just like him, but his is the king daddy of screamers...any time of the day or night, he can be moving or asleep when he does it. He just does it for attention. Mr. Rollie, his son, does the same thing...as does Cheree. I have some others that just do it.

It isn't a pregnancy thing, it's a personality thing. I think it's like the chins saying, "YEEEE HAWWWW!!" or something equivalent to that type of nonsense that some humans like to shout out. Chins just like to do this to us...mostly because they can.

ETA: I haven't recorded it because it's totally random...they do it without warning!

Whitey woke us up in the middle of the night screaming once and I about had a heart attack. I had no idea what was going on. But there he was sitting on a ledge screaming and "wagging" his tail at his girls next door.

Back