PPBN Fleece Liners

• Thread starter Hazurdouscowgirl
  • Start date
Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

Hazurdouscowgirl

Has anyone bought one of Barbi's new fleece liners with the magnets? If so, what do you think of them? What kind of cage do you have and do the magnets work well? I want to switch to fleece liners and might order them from PPBN. They look great and I'd like to see how you guys like em! Any other thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Okay, maybe I'm biased...okay, I'm definately biased...but this idea came to me when I couldn't keep Rigel & Sirius out from under their liners and I worked on the design and redesigned it over and over until I had the liners that were even greater than my own expectations. Rigel & Sirius are in a 2 level FN142 and their new liners couldn't be better. They stay in place, the boys cannot or do not crawl under them, they are absorbent and they are designed to fit perfectly; even the corners are fitted, they are like part of the bass pans, even the top pan with the cutout. The 1st concerns brought up by others about this design were whether they would stick to the washer when being laundered, whether they would make a racket in the dryer, and if the chins would be able to get to the magnets. So I addressed those concerns along with my own concerns as I created this unique design.
The magnets used are heavy duty, double sided magnets, securely & neatly sewn into place. The chins would have to tear the liners apart to get to the magnets but have never seemed to even notice that they are there. The magnets are not on the bottom of the pan, but on the sides. There are several magnets along the sides & in the corners so they stay in place very well. Although the magnets are heavy duty, they do not stick to the sides of the washer, the agitation seems to keep them off the tub. They do however stick to the inside of the dryer. That keeps them from banging about, but the air can flow through them so they dry as quickly and thoroughly as other liners we have used.
They are reversible so once one side starts to get hay (etc) on it, I can simply take them out, shake them out and turn them over and keep the cages looking fresh between laundry days. They are also lined in a good terry cloth so are super absorbent and what moisture does get on them is wicked through to the center layer rather than sitting on the fleece layers. They do not seem to stay wet but dry quickly when peed on.
We have Mason & Chipper in a QC and they also have one of these liners. With correct measurements, I can fit any pan with a perfect liner. I would never consider going back to the liners that are attached with velco or ties or just lay there, getting bunched up.
These liners have not been available for very long and I have only sold a couple of sets and am interested to see what those customers might have to say about them.

Okay I'm sold! I had no doubt that they were excellent quality, because they look amazing. I just wasn't sure if they would work with my QC mansion. ::Adds to christmas list:: :thumbsup:

I had done this for my chinchillas personally, and I think it worked out alright. It makes it more difficult to just shake out, but it beats them pulling it up and having to vacuum underneath it all the time.

The only downside is that neodymium magnets are weakened by heat. Though, it shouldn't be a problem if you just dry on low-heat (I'm sure the fleece would melt before any problems occurred).

When you wash fleece, it comes out of the washer almost dry. I don't put my fleece stuff in the dryer. Just hang it up and let it air dry. It doesn't take long, saves money on electricity, and won't cause any problems with shrinkage or weakened magnets. :wink2:

Latest posts

Back