Poor Betty, the Friendless, Bald Hedgehog

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awww, how sweet is she?

Excellent job Annie! Looks like she is enjoying all of your hard work! :)

is there still the possibility that Betty will grow back her quills? Quills or not, she is adorable, and looks very happy with all her goodies!

Apparently there is still a hope she will. In the meantime, I have been assured she is happy with her new buddies, albeit still quill-less :)

does she still use the tea tree oil and almond oil on her skin? (read that in some article) is it toxic for wild hedgies the way it is for domestic?

I heard from Betty today. Good to hear she is still doing fine, despite her lack of quills. :)

"Hi Annie
Nice to hear from you Betty is fine and has lots of new friends as we have autumn babies in at the moment. so she is having a good life. she still uses her snuggle sack.
Best wishes John and Tonia"

Glad to hear that she is still doing so well. I'm guessing that she isn't going to grow her quills back? It seems like quite a bit of time has passed...

Miss Annieo - hats off to you for being a part of the solution :) You are an absolutely decent person in a world that desparately needs more of them

Hello again. I inquired about Betty the Hedgehog recently to see how she was doing and if the rescue she belongs to needs anything.

Here is the reply:

"Hi Annie
Nice to hear from you, hope all is good yes we would make great use of snuggle sacks for our baby hedgehogs thank you so much for your very kind offer.
We currently have 36 baby hoglets in which will be over wintered with us, they are still arriving on a daily basis several at a time so our nursery is getting very full.
Best wishes Tonia and John
Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue"

I am more than willing to make the snuggle sacks for free.

If anyone is willing to donate a dollar or two for shipping, that would be great. If you have a dollar to spare, please paypal it to me as a "gift" to [email protected].

I'll keep you posted on the hedgie's progress as I'm sure they will send pics of the cuties.

A big thank you to those that donated!! We have enough for shipping so it's not necessary for any further donations.

I'll let you know when the box goes out to the little hoglets.

:grouphug:

Annie, you are so wonderful to be helping out this rescue. I bet there will be some mighty happy hoglets once your gift arrives!

The sacks are done! The sacks are done! The are very cuddly and hopefully the hoglets will enjoy them.

Thank you to everyone who donated shipping costs and a very special thanks to Menagerie for donating the adorable Hedgie flannel fabric for the outside of the bags.

I'll be shipping 10 bags on Monday.

Here is Mudslide modeling them before getting popped into the wash one more time.

cc95e541.jpg

if the hedgies like these as much as Mudslide does, you'll have a big hit! They look great and I can't wait to hear how they are received by the hedgies. Again Annie, I think you are so wonderful for doing this!

Thank you again everyone for your help with Betty. The rescue received the hedgie bags in record time!

Here is the email I got from them and pic of Betty in one of the snuggle sacks.

-----

Hi Annie
what can I say your snuggle sacks arrived today and they are fantastic and in use already in the hedgehog nursery I have attached a picture of Betty enjoying one of them but also posted a card to you today with some pictures of her. hope you like them and once again I cant thank you enough your a star.
Best wishes Tonia and John

----

3dc20aff.jpg

I just read this tread for the first time.
Annieo you are amazing. And can I say those newest snuggle sacks have the best print. It makes me wish I had hedgies (but I'm not about to get an animal that needs to eat insects)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back