Poll: Does your chin have a wheel or saucer?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does you chin have a wheel or saucer?

• Yes! They have a wheel.

Votes: 33 38.4%
  • Yes! They have a saucer.

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • Nope and I don't plan on adding one.

Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Nope, but I would like one.

Votes: 20 23.3%

• Total voters

Marcham93

Chinchilla Lover
I'm curious to ask how many of you have wheels or saucers for your chins, as the wheels for adult chins seem very expensive.

A wheel like this 15 inch metal chinspin model is $75!

Last edited:
you don't have a button for 'both'. My chins have both. Yes they are expensive but remember they are a life time item - they don't need to be replace (only the ball bearings after a few years) - they are well worth it. I prefer the flying saucer over the chinspin

I have wheels in both of my cages. Worth every penny. The girls love them and I don't feel as bad if I can't let them out for a run.

All 26 cages have wheels, of them 25 cages have Ed spin and one has the Silver Surfer one. I do have the following that are still new 12 - chin spins, 1 - silver surfer and 3 - Ed spins which are my spares. When there are babies I just put a piece of wood behind the wheel to keep it from moving.

My boys have a saucer :) They tend to only use it on the nights when they don't get out of their cage for an hour run around.

Luna has a wheel and she loves it! I don't feel as bad that she doesn't get as much out of cage time as I'd like because she has the wheel to run on and blow off some energy. I love to let her out, but she is very difficult to get back into her cage. She is so smart that she won't even go into the dust bath when I put it down because she knows I'm going to scoop it up to put her back in.

I got a 30$ plastic wheel way back when before I knew better, it was destroyed from the chin chewing on the spinning gear within two months. Metal isn't so much if you compared that to years of use.

saucer, but want new metal one

My chin has a flying saucer but is always knocking it off the base. I would love to get her the metal one, it looks like a more comfortable stride.

We have silver surfer wheels. They were 50 something bucks, but definitely worth it! It's not a necessity to have a wheel, but it's really nice. Save your money, that's what I had to do. They will last for years.

No wheels here, too dangerous with having kits. But if we had just pets here, we would go with the silver surfer wheels.

I have 2 silver surfers, 1 chin spin and 1 saucer. Once this chin spin goes down the drain like my other 3, I'll be replacing it with a silver surfer.

My little guy has a Silver Surfer and my girls have the Purple version of the same wheel. They're good wheels for the money. The girls' wheel is about a year old now and it's still in perfect condition though they use it everyday. If it ever does break, I'll probably get them a chin spin because of the wider running track because one of my girls is a tad chunky.

I just switched from a wheel to a saucer.
They seem to use it more and it's so much easier to clean since I don't have to attach it to the cage

Back