Poll: Does your chin have a wheel or saucer?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does you chin have a wheel or saucer?

• Yes! They have a wheel.

Votes: 33 38.4%
  • Yes! They have a saucer.

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • Nope and I don't plan on adding one.

Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Nope, but I would like one.

Votes: 20 23.3%

• Total voters
Of my 6 chinchilla cages... 1 has a Chin Spin, 3 have Silver Surfers and the other 2 are in line. haha

I wasn't going to do wheels (and do nightly playtime instead) to avoid taking up cage space, but in my parents old age they like keeping the house warmer and warmer, so play times are getting shorter (I'm afraid they'll get to warm). The only room with a/c year around is the chins room but with 7 cages in there... I'm afraid someone will nip someone elses toes through the cage bars. So I'm getting them all wheels and doing so one at a time since no one wants to live with anyone else.

My chins are just like me... Loners! haha (Well...almost all of them)

My degu girls have the smaller chin spin.

Mine used to have a wheel but they used it so much that it began to break... so of course I threw it out. I plan to get another one for them soon. They loved it so much!

I got my chin a saucer. He didn't know what to do with it and just ended up chewing the plastic on the bottom :/

We currently have the chin spin in their cage, but also own a saucer. They love both, but the chin spin seems to be a little less noisy!

I have to jump on the wheel bandwagon. My two have chin spins. I don't think either one ever had a wheel or a saucer before I got them. I so wish I'd videoed that. It was so cute to see them check out the chin spin and learn how to use it. Now they get them going so fast they get spun out of them!

I have both.

My chinchilla had a wheel with his previous owner and apparently got upset when she took it away since she wasn't giving to me when I got him. Naturally, I had to buy him a new wheel to make him happy.

However, I noticed he ran in intervals because he'd start to run too fast and the wheel would wobble a bit. I bought him a saucer thinking it would be more stable for him but he has no idea how it works..

So now I switch them out every few days in his cage. The wheel for days when I'll be gone longer knowing he'll get the exercise and the saucer on days when I know I'll be home early or throughout the day to let him out for playtime. This way he doesn't get frustrated with not having his normal wheel but will (hopefully) get use to his saucer.

I have a saucer for my chin but I was wondering do the wheels make the chin feel safer or are the wheels any safer for the chin?

Latest posts

Back