Please show me your houses or suggestions! TY

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerri101

Hello freinds....

I have been dealing with an issue....chin chin destroys his houses....I have seem some threads and pics but I want to see some of your ideas for houses that you use....

Problem chin -chin destroys and I am buying tons on houses.....
Ive used willow.....grass.....and tried fleece but he will eat and chew fleece...

I did make him a house but it is to bulky he does not like to go in tight spaces....

or do you have shelter ideas that are "unique " to share ?

TY

Why not get a pine house out of 1" thick? You can get them in all sizes or make them fairly easily.

That may be a good idea.....when I made the shelves I got the KD pine at lowes but the shelving wood was very thick......

As for creativity I am not that good lol....it would be neat to make a house for chin - I am to embarrassed to show the last one I made LOL!!! but the thinner wood I bet would work

I make Mindy cardboard houses, and she loves them!! They don't last very long (Usually end up cleaning up cardboard bits every day..), but they are free! Visit a 24-hour store (Like Walmart or king soopers.. not sure where you live, so stores vary from place to place.. this is just an example) late at night. That's when all the employees are re-stocking shelves, and so far they have been willing to let me have their empty boxes. I just stockpile boxes and just replace it when she has chewed it up too bad or has soiled it too much. :D

i used poplar since kd pine isn't available to me.
but this is what mine looks like just to give you an idea on how to do it :)
DSC03116.jpg

This is the house i made for my chins. Unfortionitly their are no single lengths of wood at the size i needed, so it took a lot of combining/attaching peices to get the right size.

Kits_in_liner.jpg

IMG_2133.jpg

This is house I have. It's Ferplast brand, and I got it for about $15 at a pet store. Chia really likes it (depends on where in the cage I put it though). My only complaint is that since it's hollow, it does make a lot of noise when she chews it. I originally took it out of the old cage, but with all the room in the new CN cage I wanted to put as much fun stuff as I could... so now I just wear earplugs to bed. ;)

I make a lot of houses for people, but would suggest the same get some 1 inch KD pine boards and make a house. Some stores will even cut the wood for you! Just get some non toxic glue like Elmer's and put it together.

Latest posts

Back