Please help worried??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well he's fine now and there are ALOT of other animals in there that have died over break but he's fine now so I'm not that worried.

Somehow I read over this. What do you mean there are a lot of other animals that have died? And you're ok with this?! You should definitely not be watching this chin or any other animals.

How old are you and what grade are you in? it seems like letting anybody younger than 12/13 take care of an animal, even a class pet is just wrong. I would recommend your parents calling your teacher and letting her find a better care taker. I'm not attacking you, I just feel you are not responsible enough to care for a pet like a chinchilla. they are NOT easy pets to care for. You can't just leave them with some food and water for 4 days like you can a dog or cat. If your parents won't do that then they need to step up and have the money for vet visits as well as helping you with taking care of it.

He may seem "fine" to you, But the temperature is an issue, Your being told this by other's who know their stuff and have had chins for years and years. You may think he's ok, But he could be really hot at the moment but because you "think" he's fine, your not going to do anything about it, nor do you seem to care. You should contact your teacher and let them know your not capable of caring for the chin, if your not going to take the advice and facts from the members who know their stuff.
It's sad because in the end and innocent animal is going to end up being the victim. You should do the right thing and either give the animal the right care, which may seem like more compared to other pets, or contact someone who can care for the animal.

How old are you and what grade are you in? it seems like letting anybody younger than 12/13 take care of an animal, even a class pet is just wrong. I would recommend your parents calling your teacher and letting her find a better care taker. I'm not attacking you, I just feel you are not responsible enough to care for a pet like a chinchilla. they are NOT easy pets to care for. You can't just leave them with some food and water for 4 days like you can a dog or cat. If your parents won't do that then they need to step up and have the money for vet visits as well as helping you with taking care of it.

I wouldn't even leave any pet for four days, unless someone is there with them, but it's not ok to leave a dog/cat with water and food and don't come back for four days, they'd quickly go through the water at least.

I wouldn't even leave any pet for four days, unless someone is there with them, but it's not ok to leave a dog/cat with water and food and don't come back for four days, they'd quickly go through the water at least.

I wouldn't leave any animals that long either but she doesn't seem to understand the consequenses of leaving animals at home by themselves. I was just making a comparison that they are harder to care for than most animals.

I wouldn't leave any animals that long either but she doesn't seem to understand the consequenses of leaving animals at home by themselves. I was just making a comparison that they are harder to care for than most animals.

Ok, The way you worded it seemed like you would/thought it was ok to leave a cat/dog for four days with just water and food. Just wanted to make sure.

I listened to the sound yours was making because mine is making the same noise, I never heard this noise before i started giving him these treats,the same ones you are, but i dont understand why they say they for Chinchilla's if they arent good for them..

Back