Please help Chin may have UTI or kidney stones

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xoxoimhers

<-- chin-chin daddie!! &#9829;
can someone help me i called and asked for help from a breeder she said he may have a uti or kidney stones is there any way for me to feel for a kidney stone and is there anything i can give him like cranberrys or anything please help me.

If he has a kidney stone, he needs to see a vet. You can't feel it, you can't even feel the kidneys.

Take him to a vet.

Chinchillas have very small kidneys, it's not possible to feel a stone in them. I don't know why you would want to do that anyhow since kidney stones are extremely painful.

Take the chin to a vet to have x-rays and a urinalysis done. The x-rays should be able to show any obvious stones and the urinalysis will rule out any kind of infection.

the thing is i don't have money for a vet i just recently lost my job and now my chin just starts to urinate a pinkish red color of urine and after he pees he's bouncing off the walls, i had him out to play yesterday and he kinda just chilled jumping here and there climbing over me then after he urinated he sprung to life. its scaring me.

my other chinchilla is way more active then him and the other one is the SUPER LAZY one ( he's been like that even before we got him )

Your chin is in pain and needs to see a vet! You can ask the vet if you can make payments or borrow money or think of something but your chin needs to see a vet. If you refuse to take your chin to a vet then you need to surrender him to someone who may be able to help such as a reputable rescue and/or breeder if possible.

Borrow money from friends or family, make payments, do whatever you can to see a vet. It's not fair to your chinchilla to leave them in pain. By law, you are required to seek veterinary care for an animal that needs it. If you can not do so, please give your animal to someone who can.

When a chin has a bladder/urinary tract infection or stones it can lead to an extremely bad problem with him not being able to empty his bladder. It hurts and it causes the bladder to swell to the point that permanent damage can be done. The tissues are inflamed and it makes it hard to urinate. This could be something that a vet could flush out and give antibiotics to make it go away.

A chinchilla with a bad urinary tract infection or stones can die from it, and die fairly quickly. Since your chinchilla is active and moving around, it is a great time to take him in since there's a much better chance of him getting better. If you wait, he will get worse and you may end up having to have him euthanized.

A vet really is necessary because there are no home remedies to solve the problem. I know that money problems can make it difficult, but you really should take him in as soon as possible. Around here I frequently have issues with running low on cash and worrying about taking in chins that need to see my vet. I always find a way.

The last three years have been absolutely excruciating because money is so tight and more and more people surrender chins that are in great need of vet care. I always find a way, and I know that you can, too.

Where are you located? Maybe we can find a vet for you to take him to right away.

My husband suffers from chronic kidney stones and when they flare up he is in excruciating pain. I can not imagine putting any kind of animal through that kind of pain. If you can not afford a vet, the chin needs to be surrendered NOW.

we took him to a emergency vet hospital i called ahead and they told me they had 2 doctors in that know chinchillas, we got him down there and after a long long wait the doctor looked at him gave him a full check up, let him run around a little. She gave us some medication for him so I'm hoping he gets better soon.

they believe he has a UTI. the medication they gave me is " Trimethoprim/ Sulfamethoxazole, he seems to be acting a lot better now he is way more energetic during his play time and his urine is looking more normal before it was like blood with water looking but it was bad looking, now it actually is looking completely normal again and he attempted to run in his wheel the other day but he got to fat for it and broke it lol, i have to go buy him a new one later today.

Latest posts

Back