Piggy tail

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystic

Super chin!
So I'm curious if any of you have chinchillas that have this piggy tail trait? My youngest chinchilla, Timber, does it and it first I thought it was a stage....but low and behold 2 years later his tail is still curly. Haha.
HTML:

I love curly tailed chins, even though that's a negative for showing since it can mess up the fur it touches.

I have had one really, really pig tailed girl born here. She went to a fabulous pet home with her sister but man her fur always looked like a mess on her hips. She was cute though.

My dark ebony has a piggy tail, although it seems to have uncurled a bit with age. When I got him at 18 months old it was so curled it was bald in places from it rubbing on his back (his breeder had him vet checked for it). He's now 2 1/2 and as he's grown its gotten looser but at least the tail hair grew back as it uncurled. it does still splay out, we call it his punk rock tail.

I love Piggy Tail chins! I entered a raffle to win one, but unfortunately for me she went to another home.

I will get pictures once I get home :)

Surprisingly my chins curly tail hasn't messed up any of his fur.

Here is my Igor, he has the tightest curly tail I have seen. This is actually unraveled for him, I will try to get a better photo of just his tail soon.

igor10.jpg

WOW thats some serious curliness!!!!!! Its so cute... but he is def a piglet

hahaha oh those are adorable.
i've always wanted a tea cup pig. but a chin with a piggy tail would definitely be better.

Latest posts

Back