Pictures of Amy

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Olallie - She is a cutie pie. :)

I wanted to ask though, doesn't the father of this little one have tooth issues? I seem to remember x-rays with bad roots, the molars growing upward. Is this the same male?

Ah was wondering when that was gonna come up. Yes same male, I did separate them when he got sick, they are still separated. But by then it was too late... Her mom has great teeth and Im hoping she takes after her.

Not sure if i'll ever breed Amy if Rosco's teeth become worse. So far he is doing well, gaining weight, his eyes stopped watering (watering was most likely due to the food ball stuck in his stomach). Probably will take re-check x-rays sometime in the near future.

This does really upset me because I love Rosco and would do anything for him, but roots of teeth I can't fix (so far the x-rays show minimal over growth).

Even so I will enjoy her, and keep taking cute fuzzy pictures.

Last edited:
That's too bad. :( I hope he's able to stay pain free for as long as possible.

The good thing is, unless mom is a carrier, the baby should be okay. SHE will be a carrier, but she shouldn't develop full blown malo genetically. She can, however, pass it to her offspring, so she should never be bred in any case.

That's too bad. :( I hope he's able to stay pain free for as long as possible.

The good thing is, unless mom is a carrier, the baby should be okay. SHE will be a carrier, but she shouldn't develop full blown malo genetically. She can, however, pass it to her offspring, so she should never be bred in any case.

oh i didnt know that! Well I wont breed her but at least she will live a normal full life. :)

Latest posts

Back