people are stupid

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheltiefan

So last saturday in the middle of the night my dish washer line busted and flooded the house all that night while we were sleeping. The kitchen, dinning room, living room, flordia room and garage was soaked. We got it all cleanned up and had to replace the carpet in my room.
Today we had the insurance adjuster come and look at the damages. He came to my room to look. Chi-chi being her noisy self was hopping all over the cage trying to get a look.
They sees her and told me
" What is THAT?? A Q-tip??"

OMG Who the H do you think you are to come to my house and insult my chinchilla. I was SO mad.

So i told him " Yea she is the first in a scienctific experiment of walking Q-tips but we haven't gotten it done right yet because it HOPS. But once we can get her to walk we are making MILLIONS "

a q-tip?! is that seriously the only thing they can think of?

i hope that the flooding gets cleaned up soon. thats not a fun thing to go through. you should get a discount since you chinchillas were insulted....

Omg hope the flooding gets cleaned up, some people are just morons its amazing how many people in the UK dont know what chinchillas are either. I get so mad at my uncle because he calls them rats and vermin.

Ok, I know you were mad but if he was serious (which I hope he wasn't) and just had a lapse in any reasoning skills--that's one of the funniest things I've heard all day. I can't stop cracking up.

If he was saying it in a sarcastic way as in that was the best insult he could think up on the spot, I'd imagine I might get a little raw about it too if I were you.

But, I mean...a q-tip? How is that not hilarious?!?! It's like if I were to go up to someone's mail box and be like "Why do you have an oven in your lawn? Is it to cook the garden gnomes in when they get unruly?" It's just so ridiculous that it makes me giggle.

That's wicked funny that you said that thing about her being a q-tip experiment. I was just trying to make a q-tip and I don't know how I ended up with this thing. It would never fit in my ear!! NEVER!!

Last edited:
normally i don't get mad at comments like that. I have people calling her a rat or a Squirbun ( squirral and bunny) but he did have a sarcastic tone to his voice and it just rubbed me wrong. The way you make it sound does sound funny. It will NEVER fit in my ear lol:hilarious:

If he was saying it in a sarcastic way as in that was the best insult he could think up on the spot, I'd imagine I might get a little raw about it too if I were you.

Here I was thinking Q-Tip might be a cute name for a chin, but your talking to the person who wanted to name one of them Charmin!

I had a pink white male named Q-Tip...called him "Q" for short and he was the sweetest fat fluffer ever. :D

People come into the pet store where I work with all kinds of stupid comments. Recently on a Saturday when we have pet adoptions a guy went by the bunnies saying "Rabbits, those taste really good. But I guess that's not what those are for huh?" And he honestly expected me to laugh along with him. I hope you gave that guy the lifted eyebrow as you made the hopping Q-Tip comment. He may not have meant it meanly but that is rude to criticize or make fun of someone's pet.

Make fun of my chinchillas at work and the price of your auto repair goes up. With all the anti-fur slogans in the office they know better!

Back