Penguin goes shopping - too cute!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find the whole situation sad. That penguin needs to be in the cold.
Adorable! I love how he stops to get hosed down by the neighbors. :)
That's because he's probably overheating. Penguins are not designed to live in heat and humidity. You wouldn't send a chin out to fetch it's own food in the heat, why is it OK for a penguin that needs much lower temps than a chin?

Seconded. I find it very sad that he is not with his own kind. If he was born in the wild of Antarctic he should still be there - with his colony.

I agree that this penguin should be in his native habitat. It's great that he was rescued and allowed to heal, but he should have been taken back to his homeland. That being said, he seems to be relatively happy - at least in this video clip - and the people in the village seem to be helping him as best they can. A sad situation for the penguin, maybe, but still very adorable to watch him waddle along.

Aside from the very obvious question of his habitat (and in addition to the cold, where is his water to swim in?) I also question the walk into town. It's obvious that the family doesn't go along, they just send him on his way. What if he got hit by a car?

While part of me wants to say it's cute, the larger part of me is sad for the penguin living in such conditions. His family obviously cares for him as they made arrangements for an a/c and whatnot, but it's not the best living situation for him.

That's because he's probably overheating. Penguins are not designed to live in heat and humidity. You wouldn't send a chin out to fetch it's own food in the heat, why is it OK for a penguin that needs much lower temps than a chin?

Right. :confused2: I guess it is... sad, when you think about it. But I have a hard time believing stories like this anyway. I viewed it more as a some footage that had been edited together to make entertaining tv.

I found the video entertaining, but still realize it is a sad situation for the penguin. But really, it has come down to this for the animals in the world...they can live a half decent life among/with humans, or be killed or starved or pushed out of their own environments by humans. This penguin was saved, it would have died in fishing lines.

Latest posts

Back