Pelleted bedding, litter

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

Illusion

I have 9 Rabbits, that are litter box trained, I use pelleted pine as litter. Would it be ok to use this for the Chins?

Are your cages wire bottomed? I only ask because it seems like the pellets would be kind of hard on the feet? I would think shavings would be a lot softer.

No, it's not a wire bottom cage, I'm using the pine shavings right now, I just wondered if I could use the pelleted, in a container, to cut down on them peeing in the shavings.

Chinmama, I looked it up on the net, and it says it is kiln dried. I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't hurt them. Thanks, for the replies.

Oh okay, yeah I would think it'd be fine in their litter pan, I just wouldn't want to use it for all of the bedding I don't think.

I'll leave the shavings on the bottom, I wouldn't wanna step on pellets either. It would probably be about like stepping on a lego.

haha wow, what an analogy, I can remember what that feels like from when I was younger, I loved legos

I figured it'd be the same texture as food as I looked it up, I still don't think I'd want them to sit on it if they had the choice between that or shavings. Just a personal preference I guess :)

I figured it'd be the same texture as food as I looked it up, I still don't think I'd want them to sit on it if they had the choice between that or shavings. Just a personal preference I guess :)

I use the pelleted litter in Tink's potty pan and she doesn't mind it at all. In fact, she will sit in the middle of her litter box to chew on her sticks. I'm thinking, yuck, that's your potty and you should only be doing your business there, but she seems quite content to sit there anyway.

I put some in a baking dish in the Pee corner, Mokie doesn't seem to care, but Soot tries to eat it, should I take it out, or leave it in, I've caught Soot trying to eat the shavings too.

I checked the web site eagle valley abm, they don't say anything about it not being safe. I'll just keep an eye on them.

I was wondering if they wouldn't try to eat it ..since it's so similar in shape. Keep us updated, please. I'm trying to potty train my gang still... :yuck:

When I first got Bug, I used a pelleted bedding. I didn't have problems with her eating it. The big problem was that she kicked out of the cage. It made a bigger mess than their poop does.

Back