Peeing and Pooping on Us

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedgiespirit

I searched around for a similar topic but didn't find one, so I'm asking.

We've had Ossian since Wednesday and he was quite grumpy with us the first day but has since warmed up quickly. The only thing is... he has gotten into the habit of peeing and pooping on us (or quite often... whoever we are introducing him to... which is a little embarassing :embarrassed:) when we pick him up. Now I realize he's a baby and it may be common but I think he's actually learning to do it so we'll put him down. Does anyone have tips on how to avoid this behavior and be sure that this will be a baby thing that he will grow out of rather than something he keeps using as a handy get-away tactic?

First Welcome to baby hedgie world. This is a common thing. What you can do to minimize and avoid the poop is just before you introduce your little one to anyone or before you take him out for play time you are going to want to wake him up and walk and run around a bit and get it all out of his system.. literally.

Also are you putting him away when he poops and pees. If you are he will learn that he just needs to poop or pee on you when he wants to go back in his cage and then it will be a new habit for him. So when he pooies on you clean up but dont put him away if you can avoid it.

Latest posts

Back