Pee stains on plastic bottom

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pikaia

Gonna keck your butt ;)
I have two cages, one is a FN and the other is a super pet ferret cage. The two girls will stay in the FN and the male will be in the super pet cage. My question is: They pee in one section of the cage and it is staining pretty bad. I try to clean out the soiled bedding and put new in everyday, but it still is a problem. I am afraid it's gonna eventually eat through the plastic. Should I just get a metal liner to put in the bottom of my super pet cage or is there anything else you recommend? Or maybe try putting a seperate litter box with bedding? Maybe they will pee in it?

It probably won't eat through the plastic. What you need to do is pour in some white vinegar and let it soak for awhile...you may need to take the pan outside and use a hose on it to rinse after cleaning. Then scrub and rinse and it should come off pretty easily since the vinegar will dissolve the deposits.

You definitely can try a litter pan with bedding...that works out very well for a lot of people.

if they are peeing in onw corner, get a pyrex glass dish and put it there. that way the urine wont go on the plastic, and you can kind of dump the really soiled shavings. makes it easier for clean up!!

Thanks AzChins and Emily. I think I am gonna clean the cage bottom with white vinegar and then try to do a seperate bedding area for pee. Thank you for your help!!! :)

Back