Pee, poop, and pellets

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

HaleyGoBoom

Alright, so I was cleaning the cage today, and I noticed a nice fat pile of what appeared to be dirt.

Upon further examination, I saw that Kingston was also peeing a lot in the area, and he tends to poop (just as he does everywhere else) and dump his pellets in the same spot. Is this dirt like substance a nice soil mixture of poop pellets and pee? I can't smell, so I can't tell if it's pee, but I can't imagine how else it'd get there (I've banned the children from my room with a nice child proof door knob)

I just want to make sure this isn't throw up or anything. He has normal poops, but I have seen what looks like mashed pellets before, but could this be from urinating on them and not necessarily vomiting?

And I clean his cage thoroughly everyday, so this wasn't something that happened over time.

Yes, that is just wet pellets from the water bottle or urine, don't worry!

Totally agree with Chantel, and fyi chins don't vomit so it's definitely not that.

I hate when they either pee on food, or pee on their poop. It makes such a mess! :D

Not to repeat again, but right chins can't throw up. And to put you at ease even though it was already answered, when I wash my chins dishes i find the same exact thing in there. It's just a mixture of pee on food or poo, so don't worry. (gross though huh?)

Jean

Back