Pedigree Help?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErinsChins

I wasn't sure where to put this, but I have a question. I have a pink white e/c v/c male. I am trying to make sense of his pedigree, but I just can't :( His Mom says JAGSR115VT and his dad is JAGSR36EM. What color are his parents? I thought maybe his mom was a violet and dad ebony mosaic, but then where does the beige come from? Thanks

Last edited:
Are you sure he is a pink white? My take on the pedigree is that his mom was bred by Jags, (JAGS), her animal # is R115 and VT usually stands for violet. His dad was also bred by Jags, (JAGS), his animal # is R36 and EM stands for ebony mosaic. Have you tried contacting Jags to find out? They should be able to look up the parents and tell you what is going on.

the beige is coming from jagsr36em. His sires sire is a combination of a multitude of many different mutations. We had purchased him and all we knew was he had at least tov mos eb in him but is probably more.

Still...does beige not ALWAYS show? Sorry, I know this isn't really a discussion thread :) But I'm curious, because it'd be neat if it really DID have beige in it!

Jags R36 and his sire are also violet carriers, they have lighter ears and as far as I can tell are actually TOV/ Eb/ Pinkwhite/ violet carries. I bought R36's sire sight unseen and had no idea on his pedigree until after I got him and am still not sure what all is in him, but he is a nice animal that produces well. I have had two violet wraps out of R36 that took color section champion, one at ECBC nationals.

Thanks for the clairification JAGS :) This is why I stick to simple mutes...I don't want genes being passed that I'm unaware of...and I dread the thought of not being able to IMMEDIATELY tell what color my kits are :)

Latest posts

Back