Oxbow (in NE) will stop selling to the public as of 12/1/11

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Standlee has a search for distributors on their website, and any of them should be able to order you straight timothy.

Most won't. All three places I have tried have said no. They said unless there is a huge request for it, they have to buy each type by the pallet. They can't get one or two bales.

I'm a little nervous about getting Oxbow Chinchilla Deluxe, too. I'm going to call around in the next few days to see what I can come up with. I don't want to switch my girls' feed.

I guess I'm pretty lucky, I started working at a pet store and get my Oxbow Chinchilla food for 7.00 and a bag of Orchard Grass or Botanical Hay (Both Oxbow brand) for 5.00 a piece. So I never thought it was worth ordering anyways since the stuff at work is cheap.

I just talked to Diane at Oxbow and they will still sell to customers who have a vendors license after the cut off date. I was also able to order 36 compressed bales (a full pallet) of Stanley Timothy Hay through Buckley Brothers (they are a distributor of Stanley).

Back