Oxbow in bulk

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mishellyshel

Chin Slave
I am trying to get all my boys on 1 feed, so I am switching to oxbow. It seems it is the one food they all agree on. Right now I'm buying 50 lbs prsc, 30 lbs Mazuri & 10 lbs oxbow. Drs foster & smith have a 50lb bag that ships direct from oxbow for $79 with free shipping. Anyone know of a better price? Thanks!

I also feed Oxbow but haven't seen it anywhere else cheaper than that.

have you ever ordered from petfooddirect.com?? want to make sure its reliable and fresh.

i know the food from drsfosterandsmith actually gets drop shipped right from oxbow so i know its fresh.....that is where i get my hay......on direction from oxbow customer service.

eta: i just checked and petfooddirect is actually out of stock. hopefully they are moving it fast!

Last edited:
Ordered dog food from petfooddirect, and they were fine. However check the fine print. Last time I checked free shipping didn't apply to orders over 30lbs... And my dog food was 33lbs so I didn't buy.

Edit: have you thought of tradition? I buy fresh every three months roughly, in Lancaster pa... I can sell you a bag when I pick up if you are interested in that route!

Last edited:
so petfooddirect wants an additional 18 to ship it making their cost about $97.
leithpetworks.com wants 53 additional to ship making their cost $104
i think i will stick with drfostersandsmith. i have ordered my oxbow hay from their for a while and it gets drop shipped right from oxbow, as will the food, so i know it is fresh and at $79 it seems to be the best deal.
meg--havent tried tradition. but i cant imagine it would be cost effective for you to ship $50 lbs to me. with trying to transition 9 chins to one food, i suspect the 50lbs will be going much quicker than the 3 foods i buy now.

I was just quoted $55 for a 50lb bag at PetTropics locally. Well, semi locally, it's an hour from home where I drive for school. I've yet to order a bag... I'd need someone to split it with since I just have 2 chins!

Michelle
I was thinking more along the lines of meeting me when I do a pick up if it wasn't do far away. Check the ryersons website even just to see what shipping would be on 50lbs. I believe they have shipped large bags before, they ship a lot
Of supplies out!

thanks. maybe in a few months i will try some out with the boys and see how they like it. i dont want to keep switching but to get 50lbs shipped from ryersons including the food is only $52 and it is chinchilla food not rabbit pellet so that is a comparable food.

I order from petfoodsdirect they give a discount if you use the auto ship feature, it's the best price I've found so far. If you're not going through it as fast as you thought, you can change delivery times. I've found that it makes it easier to keep track of how much I'm using. And I don't have to think as much about placing an order, cc info when I start to get low.

My Total for 50lbs including shipping is $74.51 for Oxbow Chinchilla Deluxe.

I ordered a 50 lb bag from drsfosterandsmith this month. I couldn't find a better deal when I had looked.

Back