Oxbow chinchilla food

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 lbs = $11
50 lbs = $50

5 lbs x 10 bags = 50 lbs
$11 (for 5 lbs) x 10 bags = $55

Uh - $11 x 10 = $110

But again, if she doesnt use even half that, its not worth it.

As for getting PANR (Aneesa), have you tried calling Purina Mills to ask why exactly this particular dealer cant order it for you? I had the opposite with a Purina/Mazuri dealer once - would order chinchilla but refused to order Rat/mouse blocks. I called Purina Mills about it, and they'd gotten so many complaints on that owner they refused to let him sell their products anymore.

I also had issues like this with Manna Pro Sho, so I called the Manna Pro sales rep myself. I had Manna Pro Sho pellets for my chins in less than a week.
~Barb~

I was buying mazuri from Petsmart and just went there recently and couldn't find it, but they were carrying oxbow. So I decided to switch. I can't remember how much it cost, but I only have one chin so I don't go through a bag that quickly.

Uh - $11 x 10 = $110

But again, if she doesnt use even half that, its not worth it.

As for getting PANR (Aneesa), have you tried calling Purina Mills to ask why exactly this particular dealer cant order it for you? I had the opposite with a Purina/Mazuri dealer once - would order chinchilla but refused to order Rat/mouse blocks. I called Purina Mills about it, and they'd gotten so many complaints on that owner they refused to let him sell their products anymore.

I also had issues like this with Manna Pro Sho, so I called the Manna Pro sales rep myself. I had Manna Pro Sho pellets for my chins in less than a week.
~Barb~

Thank you, Barb! I will do that today... :)

According to your post their prices are:
5 lbs = $11
50 lbs = $50

5 lbs x 10 bags = 50 lbs
$11 (for 5 lbs) x 10 bags = $55

Just wanted to let you know that it's not 1/2 as much to get the 50 lb bag, it'd only be saving you $5. Unless there's something I'm not seeing there.

Want to correct this absolutely heinous mistake that was made in calculation at 3:13 am. Apparently it has caused someone to feel as though I set out to make them look stupid. That was/is definitely NOT the case. Obviously, I shouldn't be doing math at that time of the day and will try not to do that again. As I told this person earlier today, I am human, and I do make mistakes.

Corrected:
5 lbs = $11
50 lbs = $50

5 lbs x 10 bags = 50 lbs
$11 (for 5 lbs) x 10 bags = 50 lbs/$110

Want to correct this absolutely heinous mistake that was made in calculation at 3:13 am. Apparently it has caused someone to feel as though I set out to make them look stupid. That was/is definitely NOT the case. Obviously, I shouldn't be doing math at that time of the day and will try not to do that again. As I told this person earlier today, I am human, and I do make mistakes.

Corrected:
5 lbs = $11
50 lbs = $50

5 lbs x 10 bags = 50 lbs
$11 (for 5 lbs) x 10 bags = 50 lbs/$110

You shouldn't be up at that hour anyway, let alone trying to calcualate prices! :) And shame on you for being human - I'm sure the rest of us don't make mistakes!!! :wink3:

You can still order from oxbow right now, but it has to be large quantities, and over the phone. I told them at the time they were going to tick people off with not selling through their site anymore, but money won out. They get so much more by having the higher priced places carry it, and they don't have to worry about it anymore.

I think it stinks that their loyal customers who made them what they are, are the ones who lose out.

Thank you! I completely agree. I was going to e-mail them, but I'm guessing they wouldn't care about my complaints.

Don't get me wrong, my chins love their food... but the simple fact is they have made it very difficult to get the food now. I can't fathom paying $17 for a 10 lb. bag, when I could get a 50 lb. bag for $30. Problem is, the store I get it from, it has to be specially ordered and there's no guarantee I'll get it in a decent amount of time.

as soon as they e-mailed me that they were no longer selling on their website, i immediately e-mailed them back explaining that i needed to order this way and asked if they would be willing to keep it running for a select few who ordered 50 lbs at a time. i told them that i would have to take my business else where and they still didn't care :banghead:

they said no so i switched to tradition for both my chins and g. pigs.

but i like tradition better, to me it seems fresher....

Latest posts

Back