Out of options

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M too, we just gave her her very last dose of meds the vet prescribed. I am a little concerned because i don't know that i have seen any new poops, but i may just not notice. im cleaning her cage tomorrow to see.

Just keep hand feeding her until she begins eating again and pooping again. It could take a couple of days after the last day of meds for her appetite to return

Update: This morning, I went down to give Mowgli some food because she still was not eating by herself. I placed the small bowl in there to see what she would do and she ate by herself! It was what i was force feeding her, but after wards she even nibbled on a hay cube and ate a pellet out of my hand. Last night it looks like she ate some hay. Every day she seems to be getting better!

For those of you that have been fallowing my chinchillas story, i'm sad to say that i had to put her down today. For a couple weeks she seemed to be doing really good. Friday she was still just her same old self happy and hopping. Saturday i noticed her getting a squinty eye and sunday when i woke up she wasn't moving around and would just lay in my arms. Every time she would move it looked like it hurt her. Today i called the vet to get her in and while there was no appointments available, my vet saw her anyways. Unfortunately she was just too sick. It was literally over night that she just went down hill. It was a sad decision but now shes out of pain. Thank you all for the help that you have given me. Shes in a better place now.

attached should be a photo of when i first got her.

Attachments

• 100_0398.jpg
    100_0398.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 28
i didn't even know that was an option. she is already buried. If i had known i would have :/ thank you all.

I'm so sorry her improved condition was only temporary. :( You fought so hard for her and seemed to do everything right. May she rest in peace.

Back