Ohio field day show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynnschins

There is 2 1/2 weeks till the Ohio show. I am really looking forward to it! I have 1 question: is there an air conditioned place my chins can stay Fri and Sat night?

I've never stayed overnight when going to this show, I have always driven out and back the day of. Does anyone know if either of the two hotels there have AC?

And who all else is going? The show is only two weeks away now!

Does anyone know if either of the two hotels there have AC?

I know the Country Hearth Inn does but they don't allow pets. I believe in the past some people have left them at Ryersons for the night but that is also based on the temp.

My three hole carrier fits inside a very large duffle bag and thats how I was able to stay at the Country Hearth with the animals. Just brought along a big sheet to put the carrier on once inside. ;)

I also have a huge hunting duffle bag that holds a 6 hole stacked carrier. Same proceedure.

Mish I won't be going to this one. Best wishes on the chins.

I will be going. Last time it was cool enough for the chinchillas to stay in the truck overnight. We just got going really early

Not before 10. The nice thing about the Ryerson show is it's one of those, oh, we'll get started once everyone is here shows.

I haven't decided if I'm coming Friday night or Saturday morning yet. I'd like to come Friday so Saturday is not such a looooooong day, and also to help set up and just hang out with everyone. Hopefully it'll work out that way.

Thanks for the info Mish, now I don't have to get up so early. I'm hoping the show area is air conditioned as they are calling for 81 next Saturday.

No air conditioning - unless Rich has added it to his barn since last year and I am unaware but the barn usually stays pretty cool until late afternoon and unless it gets extremely hot outside for an extended period of time.

Yes the barn stays pretty cool in the morning, but it does start to get warm in the afternoon. However, the past couple years this has been a fairly small show, around 70 animals total, so it usually wraps up in the early afternoon, plenty of time to get the animals in the AC'd car or stowed in the Ryerson office before it gets too hot.

I'm planning to be there. I haven't combed anyone, but at least I've "kind of" picked a few and given them some dust!

Sitting this one out. I don't have anyone to show and its a far haul for watching - And I just sneak the animals into the hotel :) Stairs are your friend.

I won't be making this one :( I am in a wedding at the end of the month and I have to help her with some last minute things :(

Latest posts

Back