oh yay!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinnyMom

slave to Rhino and Guss
found out i get to foster a 1 year old male soon! i'm so excited! he comes with his cage, supplies, and some food/hay. he's going to be one spoiled rotten chinny in my house!

the timing couldn't have been better, Gery is going home in the next couple of days and the details are getting worked out for the lil guy to come here about then. yay!

:bliss: and :hearts: is me!

Congratulations! Lucky chins to have someone willing to take short term care of them whether it be looking for a home or letting permanent parents enjoy a vacation.

in the short time i've had Gery stay here i've fallen in love with these lil furballs. would really love to have one of my own but i'm still a tad hesitant on the long term commitment, and would hate myself for re-homing a chin that i thought would stay forever. i figure fostering and babysitting is the perfect solution!

That's a great way to test the waters of chin ownership without making a hasty commitment...I think that's awesome, and you are already a great chin-mom so I'm sure if you get your own he/she will be super spoiled!

awwww, thanks for the great comments all!

still waiting to hear back from the rescue group. Gery went home this morning and my bedroom looks so empty! :(

woo hoo!!! new guy is coming either friday or saturday! guess i'd better get ordering my treat package from Camphor earlier than i thought i would, lol.

Congats Chinnymom! I know this little chin is gonna love you!

and yes, we need pics! :D

awwww dang! slight delay in getting my new guy :( person i'm getting him from is going to be away for the weekend. looks like it's going to be any time between sunday and tuesday instead of today or tomorrow. boo....... but at least i still get him! :))

lady that currently has him (she's a member of a local chin rescue group) is still out of town, but there is a possibility of him being delivered to me this evening, if they get back to town today.

his cage is getting a makeover (i'm sanding down some new shelves and installing the hardware as i type this). i've picked up blue cloud dust, pellets (nutriphase, but the ingredient list is very close to mazuri, and no treats in it! and his previous owner said he's done well on nutriphase before), i have hay, a spare water bottle just in case, got pine shavings, i have a pyrex dish for a litter box (hope he'll litter train easy, since it seems his whole cage bottom is shavings right now), a few apple sticks, ceramic dish (souffle cup i pilfered from my kitchen, lol) for his food, and i'm considering decimating my snuggie to make fleece liners and such. and i have an order coming in from camphor soon, can't wait!

here's a photo of him that i snagged off the lady's facebook, lol.

Attachments

• 168862_10150365504715150_583410149_16874492_7835646_n.jpg
    168862_10150365504715150_583410149_16874492_7835646_n.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 29
He's adorable! I have that same cage, and I loved it other than it's a space hog, and I don't have much room, but one thing, get side blockers or something, they poop in midair and it flies everywhere! :] He;s a cutie!!!

that's the same cage as Gery had when i was sitting her, and i don't mind a bit of poop/hay/shavings on the floor around it - that's what my vacuum is for, lol. i really like the fact that it has a metal pan instead of plastic, which you see all to often in the 'lower grade' cages.

Mikayla, did you remove the bottom wire floor (blue) from yours? if so, it hooks really well across the outside top of the cage to make hopping around on the top a lil safer for chinnies during playtime, since the bar spacing on that cage is so wide. that's what i did with Gery's, since she loved to go up on top of her cage (it was on the floor) and be 'queen of the bedroom', lol.

Back