Oh the frustration!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Diva Chins

So I spent the last hour and a half on Craigslist searching for a FN cage. Right now the budget doesn't call for a new one, so I figured since so many other people were lucky enough to find them on Craigslist, I could give it a try!
Went through every single city listing on the NC craigslist, nothing. I found ONE FN cage...But you had to take the ferrets with it lol! Mom would KILL me if I brought home ferrets and honestly I don't know a thing about them. Plus, I'd still need a FN cage for the chins, so that'd be kinda stupid of me.
Ugh, anyways, so now I'm checking the VA craigslist, then I'll go on to TN, then to SC.
For the people that bought FN cages off craigslist: How long did it take for you to find it? How long did you look? How far did you go to get it?

(Admins/Mods: Sorry if this is in the wrong place, you can move it if it is =P )

Sometimes members on here have old cages for sale, so keep an eye out on the classifieds too. Does it have to be an FN? I know some other people have used similar cages, maybe those are cheaper but still of a good quality?

Sometimes members on here have old cages for sale, so keep an eye out on the classifieds too. Does it have to be an FN? I know some other people have used similar cages, maybe those are cheaper but still of a good quality?

I was reeeeally hoping for a FN but I'd settle for something else. I just like the FN design since you can do the add on thingy with it (Sorry if I don't make sense, I have a raging headache and want to nap but it'd screw up my sleep schedule, yucky)

It took me a good couple months to find one on craigs list. When I did find one all of a sudden there were 3! Things come and go in cycles on there. If you are patient enough a couple will pop up.

Patience is a virtue especially for a nice cage like the FN. I got mine off of there. Now I just wish I had the extension for it.

I have a nice cage, but am looking for a home cage. I am at school and it would be nice not to have to break down and lug the cage home every time i want to go home. So... i always check Pitts Erie Columbus and Cleveland for ferret nation cages on craigs list, i can tell you right now there is one in Cleveland if i recall right. None have been the right price for me yet. but

yup, it took me about two months to find a FN on craigslist--about two weeks of obsessively searching, lol. And of course, right as I had posted something whining that I couldn't find one...I found one for $80 in GREAT condition!!! Be patient...it will come!

Not sure how you're searching CL, but sometimes they can be hiding. I'd check both the "for sale" and "pets" sections, plus search for several different things...ferret, ferret cage, cage, etc. Sometime people may give weird descriptions, so they might not shop up where you think they should be in the search results.

ETA: you might also want to check kijiji.com not as active as CL (at least in my area), but maybe you'll have some luck?

I found one on Craigslist after I posted this, a girl's chinchilla just died and she has a FN cage. I was wanting it for Bubbles, she likes being in the living room and mom agreed if I got a new cage for her as long as it was a FN with the stand or something similar, I could keep her in there where she likes it. Of course if I do get the cage, if someone hasn't already taken it, I'll sanitize it with the 1/10 clorox solution, she's wanting $125 for it so hopefully I can get it.

Heck, if I could find one, I could move Bubbles into it, deck it out with all sorts of fleece stuff, get the add on top and put the girls in it after their Quarantine is up, and man, it'd just be so much simpler! The girl's cage is enormous and it's really just far too big for two little girlies, I could even make it 3 levels high, 1 for Bub bub and 2 for the girls. I could sell their cage and regain some of what I spent, you know? Crap, I don't even know right now...Illusions of granduer (SP)

I checked every day for about 3 months before I found one in the condition I wanted (like new) for the price I wanted (loooooooooooooooow). I already had a good cage, so I wasn't in a rush.

I checked every day for about 3 months before I found one in the condition I wanted (like new) for the price I wanted (loooooooooooooooow). I already had a good cage, so I wasn't in a rush.

Bubbles's cage just isn't really my taste. It's a small ferret cage, originally just one big level but I added an extra level low to the ground since she has very limited muscle development. Heck, if I can find two and get an extra add on for each one, I'll be set!

I don't know if you saw the post I made on the FN fan club thread, but I had the unfortunate luck of someone advertising a "Ferret Nation" that wasn't a FN. GRRRRR. I've been using your same strategy on craigslist. I'm using "cage" mostly as my search keyword and just sifting through the cages of all kinds. I figure it's the broadest net to cast. I did find one, this week (first week of looking) so I'm hoping it works out even though I think it's gone already. That one was simply advertised as a ferret cage, but based on the description I know there is no other cage it could be.

As far as how far out to look, personally, I'm limiting myself to about a 3 hour driving radius unless I magically find one for like 50 bucks. Remember that you can get a brand new 142 online for about $190 with shipping so if a used one is going to cost you practically that much once you factor in gas then it's not really worth it.

Good luck!

It took me over a month to find my cage. It's not an FN but I would say patience is a virtue. Specially if you don't need it. I mean, there is an FN cage for sale in New Jersey. It even has a third extension. [That means it's bigger then normal] For I think 225.. if you want to check that out..

It took me over a month to find my cage. It's not an FN but I would say patience is a virtue. Specially if you don't need it. I mean, there is an FN cage for sale in New Jersey. It even has a third extension. [That means it's bigger then normal] For I think 225.. if you want to check that out..

WHERE?! I have looked all over craigslist and ebay (so I thought) and have not seen a posting like that...

I think I found one! It's 3 1/2 hours away but I'm willing to make the trip if it's a good price. I'd given up last night and went through ads for a regular cage and e-mailed a few people who made their cage sound good asking "Could I see a picture please? Thanks!" and believe it or not, I got back one reply of 'Eff you' which is the very censored version for some unknown reason. I was sitting there like "...Wow, what did I do?
I'll keep you all updated on whether or not I got it, I'm sooo excited >.<

I hope you get it!!!

I just found a FN 142 for $65 that seems less than 2 hours away... :woohoo: Trying not to get too excited...the post was from yesterday and we all know these things can go fast...

She's wanting $140 for it but I have a feeling I can talk her down, let me grab a pic.
1j9g6h.jpg

Does it look alright?

My buddy Autumn found one in Philedelphia, here's the link if anyone is interested.
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/pet/1015162038.html

Last edited:
Back