NY/NE Show on September 28/29

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godins Chinchillas

Godin's Chinchillas
Hey all-

I've been getting emails from a few people asking about show information and thought I would throw it on this site. I know Hope and Paul are super busy so I hope they don't mind me posting it.

NY/NE Chapter Show
September 28th and 29th
Fonda Fairgrounds-Entertainment Building
21 South Bridge Street
Fonda, NY 12068
It is just off exit 28 from I90 (NYS Thruway)

There is camping available onsite. $20/night and includes electrical. We will be collecting the money for this at time of registration.

Hotels:

Super 8 Motel
301 N Comrie Ave
Johnstown, NY 12095
$75/night

Holiday Inn
308 N Comrie Ave
Johnstown, NY 12095
$96/night

Both hotels are pet friendly!!

We will be setting up Friday the 28th in the evening. You are allowed to leave your animals housed at the entertainment building if you'd prefer too.

I'm sure Hope will add more details when she gets back from vacation.

Hope to see a good crowd here this year. We are making Smoked Pulled Pork with a homemade BBQ sauce for it. Crissy is making sausages and peppers. Food is going to be awesome!!!

I'm excited! The show is about an hour closer to me now. I am happy that it's a bit later in September as well.

Thank you Jessica! Here is the updated info:

Date:
Sept 28-29, 2012

Montgomery County Fairgrounds
21 S. Bridge St.
Fonda, NY 12068
Exit 28 off I90
Entertainment Building

Nearby Hotels:
Super 8
301 N. Comrie Ave
Johnstown, NY
518-736-1800
PET FRIENDLY

Holiday Inn
308 N. Comrie Ave.
Johnstown, NY
518-762-4686
PET FRIENDLY

Microtel Inn
136 N. Comrie Ave.
Johnstown, NY
518-762-5425
Call for pet info.

Camping also available at fairgrounds on the midway electric included: $20 per night paid at registration table.

Judge:
To be announced.

Set Up:
Friday, Sept 28 – 4pm-6pm.
All hands are welcome in putting up the show lights and equipment and arranging tables and chairs!

Friday, Sept 28 – 6pm-10pm. Animals may be housed in the show hall overnight.
Saturday, Sept 29 – 6am-9am.
$4.00 per animal for MCBA members, $8.00 per animal for non-members. Applications for membership will be available at the registration table.
Each exhibitor gets a complimentary showbook.
$5.00 per family if not showing any chinchillas.
$5.00 per showbook.

Classification:
Saturday, Sept 29– 9am sharp!
All animals must be checked in and groomed by 9am. The show begins immediately after classification.

Lunch:
Entree provided for a cash donation. Suggested donation: $5
Sides are potluck. All food donations are welcome!

Featuring:
Baby Derby, Live Animal Raffle, Door Prize Raffles

Raffle Items greatly appreciated!

Claiming optional.

[email protected] or [email protected]

Oooh, my husband and I are excited! We couldn't make it last year because we had just gotten a puppy and had no one to watch him. This is a whole 40 minutes closer for us! We dont show, but love looking at all the chins.

awh wish I had some chins to bring!!!
Dont know if Ill be able to get away this year for it. I've been missing too many of these! :-(

Does anyone know whose all going? I hope to get somewhat of an idea so I know How much pulled pork to make. I've got 8 I'm looking at bringing.

Mish are you looking at being the judge trainee? Wondering if Paul is showing or judging.

I was planning on showing at this one, and training at the Ohio claim. I've got close to a dozen chins I want shown.

Nice-whatcha showing. I've got 6 standards and 2 mutes. I can't wait to show you Avalanche's son, A39. He's beautiful. I'm holding back her last 3 kits for Nationals. They should be pretty nice.

A few sapphires, a black, and a slew of standards - a couple pure, the rest carriers of various things. I just weaned two full sisters to Avalanche, one's a black and the other a standard. I can't wait to see how they grow out, the standard is already fairly large for her age.

I will be there, would like to show a couple for more experience. Can't wait to meet even more people at this show. I loved the State College show.

Latest posts

Back