no whiskers

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mustangchins

my oldest chin Poof we noticed just last week that he doesnt have any whiskers. We had to remove our last boy we placed in cage due to them not getting along. Couple weeks later is when we noticed the whiskers..Did the other Chin bite them off and will they grow back. Is there a chance the stress from the other chin being mean to him make them fall out. This is the first time we have ever had any problems with the boys the remaining 2 in the cage with Poof seems to very gentle and never had any issues with them. Any have this problem before please let me know..thanks

It's usually a dominance thing, they've probably been chewed down. They will grow back, don't worry. I have a girl who chews her cagemates all the time, whiskers and fur, and everything always grows back without an issue for her to chew down again.

that happends with my boys... My younger one has definetly been dominated. I was worried at first, afraid his right whiskers being shorter than his left would throw off his balance.... but he falls off his shelves just as much as he did when he still had full whiskers... clumsy lil guy ;p I'm glad to hear they'll grow back!

Latest posts

Back