New Rescue

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tagna

Chin lover
This chin was for sale on kijiji (like CL) for $20. I saw the ad and knew I had to see if I could help her out and the owner decided to surrender her to the rescue after I explained who I was.

She has a vet appointment tomorrow which I made before she even came. A volunteer drove 5 hours to get her to me!

She obviously has some teeth issues. The owner said she has been drooling for months. Worse case is that the chin will be PTS and know what it is to be a spoiled pet for a short time.

Best case is that she can be fixed up. The good thing is that she is active and even ate some pellets after I gave her some critical care. She smells really bad and her fur all down her belly is horrible from drooling. She has food in her fur and is the worst looking rescue I've had. She is a very sweet chin and is beyond friendly. She weighs 485 grams and is so underweight.

So tomorrow morning we'll see just how bad things are.

remmie.jpg

remmie2.jpg

remmie3.jpg

remmie4.jpg

Oh wow, poor thing! I'm glad she found her way to you. I'm hoping for the best for her.

I'm hoping that the vet can fix her up...maybe it's just a spur or an infection that can be cleared up with some meds.:crossfingers:

Poor little thing. It's always so sad when owners let the chins get that bad....and then it becomes someone else's problem to fix.

oh that poor baby :(
I really really hope her teeth are fixable....sending best wishes and good vibes from me and Rosey xxxxxxx

So my vet decided that she won't survive being put under in the shape she is. So he did a quick fix as when he looked in her mouth her tongue was trapped because of overgrown teeth. It was unreal to see how bad they were. He trimmed those without her being under.

So the plan is to get her to where she can be put under and the risk not as high. She sucked back cc and I have metacam for her too.

I'll give her a chance but until she has x rays it's hard to know just how bad things are. She is quite happy snoozing in her new tube.

I don't think she could have lasted much longer where she was. Poor girl.

She LOVED having a dust bath! She just kept rolling and rolling. Sucks back critical care like it's a milkshake! AND tons of poops. One good thing!

Does she flick her tongue around now that she can move it? She can finally eat normally, she has got to be thrilled with that. :)

I had a chin a few years ago with a trapped tongue and she spent two days licking her lips and flicking her tongue after the vet trimmed her teeth. She started eating on her own right away. I hope that your girl starts eating hay and pellets for you very soon. :)

She was eating pellets last night! Hopefully that means she will start to put on some weight and can get the full dental examine. I don't know why she is still such a nice girl.

Awww that's great news! I'm glad she found you, and just in time too it sounds like. Hope she continues to improve!

I've always found that the rescue/mistreated animals are very loving. I think they understand and appreciate the love that they may be getting for the first time in their llives. Even if it is only hours/days, you let them feel love and kindness.Prayers for the baby for good news next week.

She is still really smelly but is looking better. Hopefully she can get back to the vet soon and have the complete dental check. She was watching tv last night and no drool.

remmiemay20.jpg

Back