New Puppy :)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolyphinm

Meet Boomer. He is around 6 months old Australian Cattledog Mix...possibly with lab since that is what the rest of them were black lab mixes. He was taken from a situation in which he was one of like 20 dogs running loose on a farm with little human interaction. He is afraid of people, but I know he will come around. He already took treats from me this morning. He is afraid of the leash so yea got a lot of work ahead of me, but I am so in love with him. He did just come down with kennel cough so excuse his boogers. I couldn't wake him just to wipe the floor, he just seemed so peaceful.

He also only twitched at the flash going off but never opened his eyes.

Attachments

• Boomer 1.jpg
    Boomer 1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 151
  • Boomer2.jpg
    Boomer2.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 144
What a beautiful dog! How wonderful for you to take him in. With a lot of love and patience he can become a superior dog. Congratulations!

I LOVE cattle dogs. He is a beauty. Enjoy him. I have had several skittish dogs that I turned around with love and patience. What a rewarding experience. Love him up good!

What a gorgeous dog! I'm sure he will just make leaps and bounds with all your love! Congrats! :)

Boomer appreciates all the positive feedback hehe.

We made awesome progress today. We pottied outside!!!!! I couldn't believe it. Ok granted by outside I mean the balcony, but for a dog being leash scared its a start in house breaking when you live in an apartment. Later I plan to just sit out there with him while he wears the leash and hope things keep progressing but I know with a true rescue dog its 1 step forward and 2 steps back a lot. Sadly his sister is still there at the shelter afraid out of her mind. I wish I could foster the poor girl, but 2 medium dogs I think is a no no in my complex.

Back