New pictures of Xavier

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
X

XavierRox

Xavier and I are back! I finally have that cage I talked about. It's not perfect, but it's an alright cage. I'm gonna add some pictures, and tell me if the cage is too small for another chinchilla. I want another male because chinchillas are like potato chips... you can't have just one XD

Attachments

• PICT1688.JPG
    PICT1688.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 29
  • PICT1689.JPG
    PICT1689.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 27
  • PICT1692.JPG
    PICT1692.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 19
  • PICT1691.JPG
    PICT1691.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 29
Be sure to check up the protocol in bringing another chinnie in the home if you haven't already! (Quarantine- separate cage, room, etc)

You have a very cute chinnie!

Adorable chin. I think the cage would be fine for two chins, but if you can afford a larger one, well, the bigger the better!

Xavier is a cutie. One of these days I'm going to get myself a beige-freckly guy. Your cage is okay for one chinchilla but I think it's too small for two. I'd also add some more ledges for hopping and a good solid wheel for exercise.

Xavier is a cutie pie. I have 2 boys in that same cage, I just modified it though. I took off the top and added another 1ft. tall cage on top. Have fun chinny shopping, try to go to a show and get one.
Question for others: So for I've only gone to MCBA NW Field Day, now they had pet chins for sale as well as show chins. Can I assume that is always the case?

Thanks, he is adorable. I'm trying to ease my mom into the idea of getting another chinchilla, nevermind the idea of a bigger cage. But I am going to look at bigger cages. I do know the whole 30-day-isolation policy. I have an older cage for the new chin, and I'd keep him in that for the month before I introduce the two. I'd keep the new guy in my bedroom. I am planning on getting a new ledge for Xavier-- there's a company that I have to find again that makes those ledges with the beds on top. I'm planning to get one of those, once again if my job works out. I feel bad for not having much for Xavier to do in his cage, we've been a bit tight on money and all the chin-spins I've seen were expensive. Currently I let him run around each day so he can let some of that energy out. Hopefully with some more money coming in I can make him more comfortable.

Back