New Lixit Valve Water Bottles at PetSmart!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the bottles below for my rabbits and will see how they do. If ok might use them for my chins.

Woody's Wabbits Bottle-32 oz.
$6.25
32 oz. TOP FILL. Includes spring and support wire to hold bottle to cage. SAVE!! Quantity discount of 25 cents per item on purchase of 6 or more.

index.php

http://www.woodyswabbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21&products_id=3206

I ended up buying one as a back-up. It is a little rounder than the Edstrom and the nozzle has a bit of a slant downward (the Edstrom is parallel to the ground). It does fit the metal guard. Not sure if the slant will cause any leaks. And they are a little pricey, but I'd never go back to the nozzles with the ballbearing that always seems to leak for me.

Not sure if the slant will cause any leaks.
The slant is there to keep the water from running down the nozzle to the bottle and dripping on the floor. That was an issue with some of the older style ones.

It will never leak unless the diaphragm inside goes bad - I just replaced a bunch on my system that were over 30 years old. They are $.35 each.

You can put them strait up and down too. Just poked a similar style nozzle into a gallon juice container for my chickens and they love it. No more poopy/buggy water dish cleanup!

I love my water buddy and nivek water bottles! the only problem i've had is my chin chewed a hole in hers but other than that, i've had my water buddy for years and swear by it! I was so disappointed when they stopped making them. Nivek bottles are great too, not nearly as heavy of plastic but still good. I might try the Lixit and see how it goes! But I highly suggest these type of water bottles and my chins learned how to use them extremely quickly and now they won't use a ball water bottle at all!

I would try these but my chinnies chew plastic water bottles. My superpet glass bottles leak like heck though so I'm looking for a new kind to try.

I have my waterbottle on the outside and Pepper always seems to figure out how to eat them. I finally gave up and got the super pet ones too. Mine don't leak yet though thank god. I went through 3 plastic water bottles before realizing she's not going to stop.

Back