New Great Dane Puppy

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yummychinchillatoys.com

yummychinchillatoys
Well as everyone knows I had to put my beloved Pitbull to sleep on valentine's day. I went through my grieving stages pretty rapidly and stayed in the anger and depression stage for over a week. So my husband thought it would help me to get a puppy. We have been saving and looking at getting a new Great Dane for about a year now and since putting my dog to sleep our other dog, which is also a Great Dane, got really sad. Anyways, We found a puppy we liked. We have had her now for a week and my adult Dane is loving her... and I have to admit, it has helped me get out of my depression. I still think about my Pit Ozzy everyday and miss him very much but having the puppy has helped.

Here is my 2 year Old Blue Female Great Dane, Violet.
violet1.jpg

Here is our new 9 week old Mantle female Great Dane, Lexi.
photo.jpg

Ahh congrats! I went threw the same process when I lost my Frenchie to a heart attack. I cried, and cried. A couple weeks later hubby brought home the most beautiful Boston Terrier Lacy, and it helped my heart heal. It didn't replace her, but was just the medicine I needed!
She is precious, and adorable, so is Violet!

Omg i am so jealous,Violet is beautiful!! I love great danes. The puppy is adorable :)

When I lost my miniature schnauzer, the only thing that helped me cope a bit was to get another dog to fill the void. That's when we got our doberman. So I can certainly understand how you felt. And when I look at your adult Dane, and then the puppy, I fell instantly in love and can totally see how that "little" puppy would brighten up your world a bit. Congrats on your new addition!

I love Danes. I had volunteered for a Dane rescue in the past. Such awesome dogs!

Thanks guys. I love great Danes too. I have always wanted one ever since I was like 7 years old and our neighbor had a huge fawn. They are a great breed that is so eager to please their owners. My adult Dane, I get people every where we go complimenting me on well behaived she is, and how she pays such close attention to me. and even the puppy, we have only had her a week and already she knows not to go in my room or the kitchen. She knows to wait till I say it's ok to start eating her food. She knows how to sit and stay. And even has learned to sit and wait till I say its ok to come in or out the doors to go outside. She's very smart.

Violet is absolutely beautiful and your puppy of course is adorable. Congrats on your new baby!

It wasn't my dog, but when my bird Wasabi died I cried for a week and stared at his empty cage every day. I finally ended up getting Loki, another Parrotlet and it was the only thing that got me off of dwelling over losing Wasabi.

It's funny, because at first I felt sad about getting her but after having her for a few days she really did make me feel better about losing my other dog. She's even cheered up Violet, who was starting to get down.

Latest posts

Back