new chin owner help

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kay

hi tonight i let my 2 chinchillas out to play and the younger one about 9 month tends 2 jump around a lot but tonight he tried to jump up to my dressing table and slipped and went down the back of it, he didnt make a noise or anything and i didnt notice anything untill my older one started to make a crying noise and was near some runny brown sticky stuff then i noticed it was from the young ones bum area they are back in the cage and lugsy seems to be trying to clean himself and chico seems to no somat is different, any ideas ? hes been eating, drinking and pooing normal, and normal poo came out of him just seconds after he made this jump. Thanks kay

I would take him to the vet. "runny brown sticky stuff" isn't normal.

He is about 8 month and ive had him for 2 weeks i got him of someone who couldnt keep them (also got a 5 year chin with him) but i looked into getting 2 a couple of years ago so I got books and joined forums to learn all about them, ive tried looking to see if he is def a male but it is difficult with him being so young i hope he is a he though dont want any surprises, since that night he has been fine eating drinking poo normal it was like he got a shock when jumped so high (hes very energetic) and like squirted this brown stuff, very strange ive googled it and not found anything thanks for replys kay.

if you post pictures of your chins' genitals, we can help you determine if they are male or female. hold the base of the tail and lift the back end of the chin off a table or other surface they are standing on. take the picture straight on.

DSC_8209.jpg

im pretty sure thats a female because of how close together and anus and maybe the vagina are

are you sure because I posted a picture on a uk chinchilla forum and all came back male?

Thanks

Thanks everyone for taken the time to reply, well ive been in touch with the previous owner and he is saying he is defo a male what do i do:(::, they are very close and i dont no wether seperating them when half say male and some people are saying female, could it be the way ive held him when the photos been took i dont no, ive been extremely stressed over this and has took the enjoyment away when its took 3 years to finally get them and in 2 weeks im already attached to them im going now and thanks everyone

I guess you'll believe us when you come back requesting help with unexpected kits. Since you're not willing to take the advice of people who have decades of experience with breeding and pet chinchilla ownership, I sincerely hope you'll take the time to read the Breeding FAQs. You're gonna need it if you keep a male and a female together.

Link: http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=864

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back