New cage for my 2 girls!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eycamry

Hubby and I were going to buy a FN142, but saw this huge bird cage at the local feed store that was 50%. We immediately brought it home. It took us 3 weekends to make everything ready for the girls to move in. They really really love the extra room to jump around! We are so in love with this new cage. :hearts:
Second picture is the old melamine cage. The two girls, Lilo and Vicki, used to live on the right side. Now Teeny, who used to stay in a smaller wired cage, is moved in. If you look carefully, they are both hiding in their hidey house on the top. :wave:
Now we have 4 extremely happy chins! :jump:

Attachments

• Bird cage.jpg
    Bird cage.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 132
  • Melamine cage.jpg
    Melamine cage.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 104
Nice cages...you did a great job!! The bird cage is very unique!!

I do love the look and color of the bird cage that you have and I have a similar one as well, but even though there is a pull out tray on the bottom, I find it very hard to clean, meaning I can't get the hose in to clean the shelves and the hooked-up fleece items without unscrewing everything off. How do you clean that cage, maybe I can get some tips :)).

i have a wire cage that I used to keep richie in & now the new rescue is in. Before he came home I used Clorox wipes to get all in crevices and between the wires. Then I went back over it with a damp paper towel to wipe off any excess. Since you would be putting your chins back in you could use a towel to dry it all off.

btw..........very cool cage!!

Thanks, everyone! I am still spending a good 15min everyday to just stair at the cage and see how the girls jump around. :rofl:

Cleaning is a bit harder than the melamine cage. Hubby does it, so not my problem. :neener: Anyway, he just reaches in and sweeps off the hay and poo before pulling out the pan. Not too hard. There is a sliding door on the top near the pull out drawer.

Thanks, Newchinmom! I spent a lot of time to make the name plates. :)

Back