New BDB!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will say I did not mind this book. It wasn't her best, but it could have been worse (like for instance the path Laurell K. Hamilton has taken with Anita Blake). I did not think this book was Paynes book. It seemed more like a 2nd book for V. I personally love V, so I didn't mind having him so involved in this book...However she just did not give Payne the dedication the other characters got in their books.

There were some loose ends, and some things she's built up for in the previous book were not even mentioned in this book. No clue who really is coming next either. Does anyone know who is supposed to be next?

I know Thor was going to be last...I just hope his book is not like this...speaking of Thor--was he even mentioned in this book??

I believe I read somewhere that she announced that the next book would be *Lover Reborn* and it will be about Tohr.

Unfortunately JR has gone the way of many romance writers and trust me folks she IS a romance writer. Instead of following the formula she has now gone Mainstream fiction and focused more on story and fighting than romance. It's so sad really because Tohr deserves the best love story ever and since he is last there isn't going to be one.

If you like the first books in the BDB series I HIGHLY recommend Lara Adrian--she has as many books out as JR AND she stays true to her fans and follows the love story formula!

AGREEEE LOVE LARA's series!! Im knee deep in the latest one now.

When I met her a couple of years ago we discussed Tohr and her thoughts at that time were he would be the last book as she was saving the best for last--but authors can always change their mind! I will buy it and read it but I don't have high hopes for it :(

Blah and Quinn need their books, atleast in the past she set them up to get their own books.

If remember correctly she did mentioned Quinn and Muhrdur for sure and of course Tohr.

I have to say I get so disappointed in romance authors who just can't do a freaking love story anymore. There is nothing wrong with romances and I'm tired of hearing crap from people who don't think they are well written books or books worth a grain of salt. The reason JR Ward is popular is because of her writing first as Jessica Bird and they first few BDB's she did. Then she became SO focused on the other characters on making sure ALL the freaking brotherhood was in every story and giving small backstory on all of them AGAIN in the current book that there is no room in the book for the romantic couple.

Lara Adrian is doing this as well. In a 300 page book, her last book Deeper Than Midnight did not have the romantic interests involved until after page 200--and even then there was not much connection between them.

I HATE THIS! As you can see I'm quite passionate about this.

I hate when my favorite authors disappoint me.

On Lara's latest book:

Yah I did notice more action in this latest MB book...I am so much more into her storyline though than JR's that I didn't mind this book...I thought there was great development of the relationship between them even if there was less romantic action - if she had just added maybe 2-3 more scenes it would have been perfect. I was just so glad to get through the last book - the characters bore a little too much resemblance to a friend's ex and his other woman (yuck) so I had a hard time getting through it. I think Chases book is next with Tavia as his interest. Should be good! hang in there laurie!! Lara stayed true this long, I think she'll get back in the saddle.

VC I'm actually email friends with Lara lol! I have been since book one! I am so glad Chase is finally getting his own book! I've begged her for it since Tegan and Elise's book lol! Looking forward to it!

Well! I'll do it then! Surely someone has read Lover Reborn by now?! How's everyone feeling about it?

Haven't read it yet - was waiting for the paperback but looks like that won't be out til Oct??? Is that right? I may break down and buy the hardcover then...

PS I just reread this thread...we are funny...

Last edited:
I am halfway through it..so far so good! Its taking me a bit longer as I have been very busy and haven't had much time to sit!

I listen to the audiobooks because I have the freetime at work to keep my brain busy while my hands work. I enjoyed it... it made me cry a lil and I'm anxious to see who everyone thinks the next book will be about.

SPOILER ALERTS!!!!

I enjoyed it! It was great to finally get his story. There were some emotional parts for me as well.

I think we will finally get our quinn and blay story, finally. Still not positive they will be together, but one can hope. Part of me wonders if Q and Layla will somehow form a more personal relationship with the whole baby thing.

Spoiler Alert again!!!

Yeah I enjoyed it. It was much much better than the last book. I know alot of people are hoping that Quinn and Blay get their own book. I really don't want that I'm hoping they mix Quinn and Blay with someone else. I just feel like it's been dragged along too much already. But I do feel like something is going to be finished with them soon one way or the other. And I'll be glad to have it done!

I just finished Lover Reborn last week - pleasant surprise in the airport as I had plenty of time to read! I really liked it and agree it was better than the last one...I could have done with less of Xhex and JM - ugh but I get it. They've set up an interesting story line for Layla and Xcor :) I think she's done a pretty good job of introducing new characters...One thing though, are they ever going to figure out the JM is Darius???

Latest posts

Back