New Additions!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megan

Dot lives forever!
Sooo those of you at mansfield know what is coming...yup jason caved!

We are getting two horses! They come home tomorrow around 9:30am! I'll be sure to get pictures, as well. A very good friend of mine was selling them--and I couldn't pass the girls up.

They are both pure bred(registered) Tennesse Walking Horses. I am so excited-- I've always wanted a horse, always wanted to ride.. and finally have the chance!

Cool! Are you able to keep them where you live? Do you have trails nearby or are you going to trailer sp? them? Can't wait to see them, a video of their gaits would be cool.

They'll be staying at my boyfriends farm. He's got several acres, so for now thats what we'll use to ride them. He said there used to be some good trails for the horses, but he has no idea whats still there.

We'll also be looking at trailering and taking them camping for the weekends when the baby gets old enough to ride.

All I can say is QoQ! and from your internet mother thanks for the new additions being horses and not a baby of the human kind!

Congratulations Meg!!!!!! I think you knew he'd cave! Now you have to bring him to nationals along with the utensils :laughitup:

that is SO cool!! I keep trying to talk to my Dad into getting a horse.....he lives near about 6 horse farms. i can't wait to see pix. i love horses, they are such smart creatures.

We'll also be looking at trailering and taking them camping for the weekends when the baby gets old enough to ride.
You can teach it to pony and start taking it out as young as 2 months. :D

We used to ride out and leave them loose (they always follow mom) but one year had a 3 month old that would turn around and run home after about four miles. Never good when you're on an overly protective mom and baby takes off.

The girls are home, and settling in. They did well on the ride up, and seem to be ok. Though they aren't used to dogs, or goats..so were a bit freaked out. Hopefully they'll settle in and get used to Bert(big ole billy goat--seperated for now), as he adores horses.

Younger Black horse is Bella, the other brownish one is Lady. Don't mind Bella--she was just getting her legs back after unloading--lol.

Attachments

• lady.jpg
    lady.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 111
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 118
Jim--he's planning on coming to nationals. I'm sure he'll bring his supplies with him...if not, we know mish will bring enough for everyone!!!!

Thanks guys. Got the pedigree's tonight, and saw mom is actually 17 not 5-7 like my friend told me. Apparently she misunderstood the owner(her grandmother) of the horses' age.While we are slightly miffed about it--in the end I'm glad she has a good home, and I think she'll be a great starter horse for me. I like her personality, she's fully trained/broken so hopefully I'll have many good years with her :)

Beautiful Horses. We have a 35 year old here still going strong. I hope you have many years left with her

Trust me, you don't want your first horse to be a 5-7 year old. Though not technically a baby, they can be quite the troublemakers at that age ;) I'm an avid rider and keep my horses at my mom's farm so if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Enjoy them. Also, just a tip, I don't know if that pink halter has a leather piece behind her ears, but you always want either a nylon safety halter (the leather is behind the ears) or a fully leather halter. If they ever get their halter caught on something the halter will then break away and prevent them from doing any harm to themselves.

They both have break away halters(with the leather strap behind the ears) --The pink halter was too small for her, so I did get a larger halter yesterday.

PB--and this is why I haven't been very active with returning the pm's ;) Busy finalizing the plans to get these guys---transportation, and settling them in!

No worries on the pm's.. I'm still trying to track down a better cage for the ebony boy. I really don't want to use Gemini's old cage..it was a pain in the butt to clean and get him out of... Have fun with the horsies, my mom had a Tennessee Walking horse when she was a teenager.. said he was great.

Back