New addition

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BooBoo*TheKiddo*

I sure you guys remember me telling you all about the girl I go to school with wanting to sell me her chin, then she backed out on me at the last minute. *this might be a bit long lol Sorry*

Well, yesterday her and a friend stopped me in the hall and she asked if I wanted to buy "Chester", she said she no longer wanted him. I told her sure I'd take him. I gave her my number and told her to call me that night and we'd talk about it. That afternoon her friend (my friend too) called me and told me that Suzy (not really her name lol) wanted to know if I could come pick Chester up that night. She said the sooner the better, she didn't want him anymore. I told her okay I could come get him. So she told me to meet her at the intermediate school at 6:45 and she'd have all his stuff.
While talking to that friend we share I found out that she no longer wanted him and wanted rid of him so bad because she was extremely afraid of him and she had to give him a bath and playtime that night and was afraid to get him out. He was biting her a lot and breaking the skin. She was wearing leather gloves and he was biting her through those. *my first thought was...oh goodness*
I meet her, she reached me him in his "cage" (grr at that) and a bag full of his stuff. Told me good luck with him...he bites really hard and he's a terror. I told her okay and I'd work with him to get him out of that. She said good luck with that and told me she had to go. So we left. We were there maybe 3 to 5 minutes. but I seriously doubt it was 5 minutes.
We got back in the car and on the way home I was holding him. I keep sticking my fingers in his cage...not one time did that little "terror" bite me. Well, at the beginning of our road the Ford Explorer jumped time and stopped. We pulled over and waited for mom to bring the truck. Well, i opened his cage and daddy put his hand in there...not one time did he bite him or try to. he just rested his paws on daddies fingers. Daddy moved his hand and little Chester came out of the cage into my arms. He sat in my lap and let us all pet him. He even crawled over into daddies lap.
When we got home I put him in a different cage and got him settled in. I got him out and let him play in the living room because he use to play time and dust bath every Wednesday. Thats what I did. He wasn't a terror at all. He was the sweetest little boy ever. Had no trouble catching him...he came right to us.
I've changed everything because everything was BAD! I'll explain more later if you guys want me too. Just ask =] didn't want to make it too long if I didn't have too
His being quarantined away from the other chins for 30 days then I'm thinking we might try introducing him to Shiloh.

We renamed him Maverick! His a beige. Was told hes getting ready to turn 5 months old on the 16th but I'm thinking thats wrong. (The twins just turned 4 months old and he's bigger than both of them put together) She said he tried humping her hand once before so I'm thinking he's between the ages of 7 and 9 months maybe. I don't know for sure because he doesn't have papers.

hes so cute and sweet. He's not a terror what so ever. This morning I got up to check on him and he came to his cage door wanting out to be played with. Everytime someone goes to check on him, he thinks its playtime.

*I couldn't get pictures today but I'll try tomorrow*

Aww! Congrats Bonnie! I'm sure he'll settle in wonderfully with you & your family. You spoil your chinnies so much, he'll never even think of biting or nipping at anyone again :)
~Barb~

Thanks Barb! He seems to be settling in rather well.

Thanks Parkerspetchins and oxchincerelyxo. I don't want to know why he hates her so much. I'm afraid to know.

I gave him a hay cube and he held in his mouth and was bouncing around with it all over his cage for 5 minutes while holding it before he started eating it. It was so cute.

Thanks Barb! He seems to be settling in rather well.

Thanks Parkerspetchins and oxchincerelyxo. I don't want to know why he hates her so much. I'm afraid to know.

I gave him a hay cube and he held in his mouth and was bouncing around with it all over his cage for 5 minutes while holding it before he started eating it. It was so cute.

Doesn't it just make your heart skip a beat!!!

(p.s. you can call me Allie :thumbsup:)

Congrats on the new addition. I love the name Maverick and forgive my 80's mind but thought of Tom Cruise from Top Gun immediately! Can't wait to see some pics!

Aw, I can't wait til you post pics of him. I'm sure he sensed you and your dad as a loving chin family :)!

It sounds like he's a wonderful new friend! Ditto on seeing the pics. I'm thinking he's where he was supposed to be all along

That's a sweet story - I'm glad he realized what a great home he was going to. Congrats on your new little guy and can't wait to see pics!

Good lick with him! Beiges are notoriously fast growers, and large when full grown, so don't be surprised if the birthdate is correct!

Doesn't it just make your heart skip a beat!!!

(p.s. you can call me Allie :thumbsup:)

Yes it does Allie. He's such a sweetheart.

Congrats on the new addition. I love the name Maverick and forgive my 80's mind but thought of Tom Cruise from Top Gun immediately! Can't wait to see some pics!

Thanks. That's where the name came from. I was torn between Maverick and Felix so I had so help picking. lol But I love the name.

Aw, I can't wait til you post pics of him. I'm sure he sensed you and your dad as a loving chin family :)!

I'm working on getting pictures. My camera isn't...cool (for a better choose of words) so I'm still working on it.

It sounds like he's a wonderful new friend! Ditto on seeing the pics. I'm thinking he's where he was supposed to be all along

He is. He's sweet as pie lol and Thanks. He makes my little family complete.

That's a sweet story - I'm glad he realized what a great home he was going to. Congrats on your new little guy and can't wait to see pics!

Thanks. I'm glad he wasn't as bad as she described him to be, even though if he was I'd love him the same. He's a terror thats for sure :hilarious:

Good lick with him! Beiges are notoriously fast growers, and large when full grown, so don't be surprised if the birthdate is correct!

Thanks. He's pretty big, but cute as button. As for his birthdate, thats one thing I'll never know for sure.

aww congrats on the new chinny :) thats such a cute story

Thanks

How precious! Glad you got him!

Thanks Brandon.

Little update on Maverick.

Still sweet as can be. ALWAYS wants attention. Just waking into the room when hes asleep , he'll wake up thinking its playtime lol He loves hay lol but the cubes are still his favorite. He's switching over to the Mazuri nicely. He loves Pumice. He can chew one and almost another one in about 24 hours (counting sleeping time). He's super friendly with everyone. My niece came over and he was very friendly with them. an he likes to use your get on your head and pull you hair with his hands. lol My niece got her hair pulled by a chinnie lol

The only somewhat problem I've had with him was about 4 nights ago. It was his 2nd night here. and he has a night light. (All my chins do) Anyways, *it's kinda cute*
The power started flickering at about 1:50 which made his night light flicker. Maverick woke daddy up barking and stuff. With the lights flickering. Daddy went and checked on him and came and let me know. The power went out completely and he just barked and made different sounds all night long. If someone was in there with a light he was fine. (Like I went in with my phone light shining and he stopped but when I left the room hbe started again.) So at about 4:30 or so I ended up getting him out of his cage and took him in the living room where me and him laid on the couch. (he didn't try to run off and play) He sat there on my stomach and looked at him. I closed my eyes like I was asleep and he walked up and stood on my face lol.

I lite oil lamps in the other room for lighting at 6 and put him in his cage so I could get ready for school. Some light shined into near his cage and he was fine. After I left daddy got up (getting him out of course) and sat with him until it started to get daylight then he put him back in his cage and he's was fine.

It was kinda of cute, like he was scared of the dark or something.

I can't wait to see pics, but take your time, no need to rush this cute boy. Congrats though! Makes you feel great to take in a chin and give them a better home doesn't it? *Goes to lala land of memories when Bubbles and the guys first came*

Latest posts

Back