Need Oxbow Critical Care

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennye

I am possibly in need of Critical Care...urgently. My local feed store (where I get my hay and pellets) normally has Critical Care and they are out right now. They are calling their vendor to see if they can have it by tomorrow, but I don't want to waste any time.

Does anyone here have Critical Care that they would send out? I can paypal and I live in Bakersfield, CA

My chinchilla (7 years old) is not eating right. Had him at the vet yesterday and they gave some fluids and sent us home with some metoclopramide. This morning there were only a couple of very small, dry poos in the cage. He is active and comes right up to the door for me. I did just catch him drinking some water and I did see him munch on a pellet. But he is not chewing any sticks, tried to offer him his favorite, rare treat...a shredded wheat. Hasn't touched his hay for a couple of days. I change it out at night and it looks exactly the same in the morning. He usually really goes crazy on chin spin at night and he has definitely been less aggressive on it. He is blowing coat right now and vet thinks he may have ingested too much fur.

I would like to get the Critical Care on hand asap. Thank you if there is anyone out there that can help. I know I got some a couple of years ago from someone here when we were dealing with a bloat emergency.

Jen

I like Essentials for Life from Tanya as well. It's a hand feeding supplement much like Critical Care, only my chins seem to like it better. It seems a bit fresher smelling as well. If you want to try some EFL, her website is under fuzzieskingdom.com.

You can also grind his regular pellets up in the blender until very fine then add filtered water and I like to add a teaspoon of pure pumpkin puree( careful not to get the ready to use pie filling can because they look a lot alike) to make a paste that will go through a feeding syringe ( it will not work to use regular syringe as tip is too tiny). You can use this until you get CC in.

Latest posts

Back