Need haircut/style ideas

• Thread starter PetProductsByNature
  • Start date
Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PetProductsByNature

My dear friend Vickie in Oregon just got diagnosed with something wrong with her rotator cut...mostly an infamation, but needs to take a curling rod to her hair everyday the way it is. She's asking for something more easily manageable until she can use her arm again, maybe even as much as 2-4 months. Her hair is currently a little longer than shoulder length and naturally wavy. Does anyone know of any good sites to find hairstyles? Or any good ideas? (She's 52 years old) Thanks :)

If she's got money I would suggest a Japanese perm they range from $150-300 depending on length of hair. It straightens your hair, you dont have to blow dry it to straigten it. You do basically nothing and it keeps straight. It lasts as long as your hair grows out. :)

Well...she's got money, but it's because she's pretty frugal. Don't think she'd spend that much money on herself...her grandsons...well, that's another story...lol

i have very wavy hair, and every 3 months i get a Brazilian blowout. it relaxes your hair using keratin, thus making it stronger and healthier. the stylist can take the hairs texture, to wavy, but manageable, all the way to bone straight. i literally just wake up and go now. its so great!

Maybe she should cut it shorter to make it more manageable? I know nothing about hairstyles...if you've ever met me, you know that I am all about the ponytail. Speaking of which...maybe she should just start putting it up? She could get some clips and maybe put her hair in a quick updo.

Poor thing, I've heard that that injury is extremely painful. Just combing her hair is going to probably hurt. :( I hope she recovers soon.

I think she is leaning towards a shorter cut. I've been forwarding all of your ideas to her and giving her plenty to think about. She has an appointment with her hairstylist tomorrow but still doesn't kow what to do.
Yes, she's in quite a bit of pain Susan...enough to wear her out. She doesn't know how it happened, but has been trying to tough it out for the last month at least until it just got unbearable. The doc today told her not to do ANYTHING that hurts it. (Honestly, I'd love to use that excuse for just one day!)

This may sound weird...but what if she got it braided up into little braids? That way she wouldn't have to do anything for a couple months until it grows out. Maybe that isn't the best idea... :D

If you had the excuse of being in pain and not being allowed to do anything, you'd get sick of sitting around. I had a car accident once and I could barely move properly...I still was in cleaning chin cages when I probably should have been healing. Sometimes things just have to get done. I hope that she can relax and not worry.

if she has wavy, unmanagable hair i would NOT recommend shorter hair! the shorter it is, the less weight there is to keep the hairs shape. a ponytail would probably be the best, most frugal bet.

yup... when my hair gets curly after a few months my husband calls me Don King. hahahaha
( i have shoulder legnth currrrrrrrly hair with bangs)

I didn't mean to be misleading about the "wavy". Mine is straight, so anything with body is wavy to me. In 41 years I've never known her to have curly hair. She's looking at some REALLY cute shorter cuts. She's been using the same stylist for years, so I think you're right, she'll have some ideas as well, but Vickie wants some ideas of her own as well. Think we'll all be surprised in the end.

If she's got wavy hair, she might be able to get some great ideas here: www.naturallycurly.com

The curlies and wavies on that forum are about as serious about taking great care of their hair as we are about chin and hedgie care! :)

I've been able to pick up some great tips/techniques and get some awesome new products that work for my hair really well. It makes me proud to be a curly-haired girl...no more straightening for me!

Thanks everyone for all of your great tips and ideas. Vickie has been following this thread as well and she thinks it's just awesome that ya'll don't even know her yet are willing to help her solve her dilemma. Today's the day and I can hardly wait to see what she decides on. Girls, you're ALL my heroes. Thanks again for your help. :)

yay!! cant wait to hear what she does! even without an injury, doing your hair in the morning is such a pain!

Latest posts

Back