Need a chinsitter / chin boarding service!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astryea

I'm going away for a long weekend this Thanksgiving, and normally I'd board Blitz at the vet or leave him with my parents. However I just moved from NJ to Maryland 2 weeks ago and the vet I found doesn't have a boarding service.

I found a local pet boarding business, but I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the place. The owner sounds nice enough, but he has no experience with chinchillas and it doesn't sound like his facility has crates/kennels/whatev specifically for small mammals.

I'm located in North East, MD which is in the North-East part of Maryland (ha surprising I know). Any Maryland locals or Delaware locals near the Newark area that know of any awesome, reliable sitters or boarding services that I can look into would be a real life saver! I'm willing to meet up with forum members as well and possibly work out sitting arrangements to ensure that my Blitzer is in good hands while I'm gone.

Thanks everyone!

If I still lived in Oxford, I'd help out, but I'm in Lancaster now. Look into Applebrook Vet in Oxford, I think they may do boarding.

See if you were still in Jersey.......I could help! lol

I have responded to posts here and pet sat for a few members, so hopefully someone will see your post & PM you.

Not exactly sure where you live, but I live in Baltimore, MD. Nottingham/Overlea area. I'd be more than willing to help you! :)

Thanks pinkpiggy. You're about 40 minutes south of me. If I can get Blitz's travel cage from my parents in NJ I can take you up on your offer. I wouldn't want you making that trip each day to check in on him. I sent you a PM with more info though.

Look into Applebrook Vet in Oxford, I think they may do boarding.

Wow. PA is much closer than I realized. Thanks for the tip. Applebrook does have boarding, but the website only mentions dogs and cats. I'll call them to be sure.

Hi,
I live in Glenwood,Md(Western Howard county),not to far from B-more!
My dad lives in Perry hall(balto,county)!
Let me know exactly where you are located in Baltimore?
If you need help I could travel!
Penny:thumbsup:

I live just south of annapolis, and would be happy to board for you if other plans fall through. Just let me know.

Hi,
I live in Glenwood,Md(Western Howard county),not to far from B-more!
My dad lives in Perry hall(balto,county)!
Let me know exactly where you are located in Baltimore?
If you need help I could travel!
Penny:thumbsup:

Thanks for the offer Pitstop, but I don't live in Baltimore. I'm actually farther north about 10 miles away from Delaware. :)

I live just south of annapolis, and would be happy to board for you if other plans fall through. Just let me know.

Thanks moon. You might be even farther away, but I'll be sure to keep you and pitstop in mind should I need a sitter in the future. Even though I doubt you'll ever need the offer considering your business, I'm willing to help out any local chin folk that need a sitter as well so feel free to PM me. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back