mysteriously cute behavior

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catem777

so i just moved into a new place and i ahve been sleeping in the same room as my chins until we get everything set up and i have noticed some interesting behavior from my male cosmo. he is separated from mya because he isnt fixed. there cages are next to each other but not close enough for them to touch.........well cosmo has been wedging himsled in various ways into the corner clostest to mya and making cute little squeeky noises. i have
never seen him lay in so many different positions(onn his back and side). its pretty cute,does anyone know whats going on? is he in love lol?

Those boy chinchillas will do anything to get at their women! You'll learn a lot of things from Cosmo I'm sure, this is probably only the beginning!

If they have been close together like you say, you may want to mark 111 days because they can breed through the cages, and that is why you have seen such weird behavior. Yes like the other member said cages 3 inches apart.

Aww.. that must be so cute! The other members are right about the cages being at least three inches apart. I keep mine about six inches- maybe even a little more, just to be safe. ;)

i keep their cages about 4 inches apart but that doesnt stop cosmo from stretching out to show mya what hes working with hehe. And you guys were right this was just the begining of his cuteness. He ran circles in a tracklike mannor around the side of his cage after he would wiggle his tail and squeek :)

He totally fancies her! How does Mya react when he does this? You should get a video, I love seeing chins interact!

When i seperated my male and female into seperate cages next to each other, my guy went crazy trying to get to her. Staring at her cage, pressing ionto the corner, making noises, you name it.

However it turned out my male has a heart problem, and has had 2 seizures. He seems pron to them if he gets overly excited. Such as seeing his girl but not being able to get to her. He even has problems if hes in his cage and sees her out for play time.

I had to put a long slab of cardboard the full length of their cage inbetween the cages. The 'out of sight, out of mind' theory. Its the only thing that alows him to remain calm. (Plus he has his son living with him)

Of course makeing sure it remains their, while not clsoe enough for the chins to chew and eat ALL the dman time... is a challange lol

Latest posts

Back