My X1 and X2 Pictures

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodgerchick

These beauties are my St. Patrick's Day babies! They were 52 and 53g when born and now they weigh 162 and 164g. These pictures were taken a few days after they were born. I had to put them in that dish to keep them still!

Mom is a mosaic, and either a violet or sapphire carrier (I have the pedigree paperwork somewhere) and dad is a hetero beige with a little ebony.

awwwweeeee how cute!!!!! I love the second pic with the one looking over the edge of the bowl lloking like he is trying to figure out how to get out of the bowl.....hehe

Both are girls! I'm kind of happy, but it would've been nice to have a boy so I could leave him in with his dad. Dad's former cagemate got pneumonia 2 years ago and even after spending a week and a half at the vet (talk about expensive!) we weren't able to save him. It was heartbreaking. But, both very healthy, beautiful girls!

awwwweeeee how cute!!!!! I love the second pic with the one looking over the edge of the bowl lloking like he is trying to figure out how to get out of the bowl.....hehe

Boy you're not kidding! I actually had to PUT them in the bowl just for the picture because I couldn't keep them still! They were jumping around everywhere, and they were only 4 days old!

The bowl was a great idea because the pictures turned out great. It would be neat (at least for me) to see a side by side picture of them then vs now. I'd love to see the growth and coloration changes.

Congratulations on your girls! You'll have to give them St. Patty's names

They're cute! And awesome that it looks like a violet and a white violet. :heart3:

Wish my luck was that good...

They're cute! And awesome that it looks like a violet and a white violet. :heart3:

Wish my luck was that good...

I will take some new pictures tonight. Our little gray girl is a bit bigger than my little white. I'll try to get a side by side.

I'm intersted in the whole violet/white comment. I hadn't realized she was a violet white. I figured she would be a mosaic like her mom, and eventually get some gray. LOL

Well, I tried to take some pictures tonight, but these guys were too interested in playing, eating the remote, jumping over my pillows -- everything but sitting still. I even tried to bribe them with a shredded wheat square -- not interested. The only camera I could find was my 11 year old daughter's, so the quality isn't as good as I'd hoped. Plus, I was right under my bedroom light, so their color came out quite a bit darker than they actually are. However, hopefully you'll be able to see the change in size. The violet is slightly bigger than the white one, but not much!

Last edited:
Thanks everybody! We were very excited when they came. The kids immediately named them Muffin (the white one) and Amigo (the gray one) even though they are both girls. LOL We might end up renaming the latter though! They are something else. We had an unseasonable heat wave this past week, so I moved the cage into my air conditioned room. Those little things kept me up all night! Their favorite game is to jump on top of their mother while she tries to sleep sideways on a ledge. Then, she wakes up and snaps at them and they popcorn all over the cage. {sigh} Obviously, motherhood is the same in the human world and the animal kingdom!

Back