My thought on being an adult

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca

That one bookworm girl...
Being an adult appears to be making me old. I decided to stay up late to work on my research paper instead of waking up early. This is all fine and dandy and does nothing to make me question my youth. Telling myself I'm doing a good job of staying focused late at night only to check the time and discover it is only 10:00, however, does. I remember just two years ago I would stay up until three in the morning and wake up at six to go to school.

Apparently, being old and an adult has done nothing to eradicate procrastination, though! Back to the paper...

Rebecca just to let you know at 30/16 I still procrastinate. In fact the other day my little sister said to be we all know you have a little bit of a problem with procrastination and I said, no I don't it's a big bit not a little bit. So I did it as a youngster--yep never cleaned my room unless I was told a ZILLION times and I still do it today--so you're not going to grow out of it!
But let me welcome you to the procrastination Nation sometime soon LOL!

I'm a card-carrying member of the procrastination nation, as well! I always resolve to get better about it, but then I put off making more of an effort! :neener:

I remember the days of staying up til 5am the night before an exam just a few years ago... can't do that anymore! I was proud of myself though, I managed a 3am this week to finish my take-home final for my grad course. Aside from that though, I'm in trouble if I'm not in bed by midnight... :rofl:

Sometimes people who "procrastinate" are really those kind of people who work best under pressure. I also feel that a lot of procrastinators are confident people because they know they CAN wait till the last minute. i am definitely one of those type of people!

Sometimes people who "procrastinate" are really those kind of people who work best under pressure. I also feel that a lot of procrastinators are confident people because they know they CAN wait till the last minute. i am definitely one of those type of people!

I completely agree. I do my best work under pressure because I have to concentrate and focus.

I do my best work under pressure (that burns a building down), but that is because I don't do any work when I'm not under pressure. I finished that paper half an hour before the paper was due and spent the following twenty minutes running around campus trying to print it.

I've become less of a procrastinator as I've gotten older. In high school I was one of the kids that would finish homework on the bus on the way to school in the morning. Now I actually do stuff before I need to (pay my bills early, etc)

My fiance is a terrible procrastinator. Especially when the TV or Xbox is on :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back