My new chinnys along with the first decent pictures of my original

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have fun everyone :)
Lol im curious how the admins will check it out though. Kinda excited to find out though lol im way too curious about random things like that

Whether you're intentionally trolling or not you seem to have been causing quite the stir. And the thread where you were drunk and being "attacked" is where that accusation took place, if you don't recall.

Regardless I'm sure this thread has served its purpose. Photos were shared, advice was given and disregarded, opinions shared. I won't even begin to get into the issue of you giving advice when you won't follow it on your own.

I've been reading thru this thread and from the begining I can understand everything Lee has said. I feel like some people are just finding reasons to start things with him. Some of the things posted are fine. Alittle critical, but in a helpful kind of way. However some of the post are just downright rude. If you have a problem when someone on here maybe instead of fighting people should just not post. Give advice sure, but don't criticize. Everyone's chins are different so no advice will be perfect for every chin 100% of the time. People need to see how their chins are themselves. Like mine is great with the cats, but other chins have had huge problems. It's fine to give advice based on your own expierences but leave it at that. I think Lee has been taking in advice for people on here but being mean certainly won't get him to listen to you. That will have the opposite effect.

Basically my point is no one should be provoking anyone and this place is supposed to be about taking care of our amazing little chins :) Not aruguing. "You can't make a horse drink, you can only lead him to the water."

Thank you bpayne that was a nicely put statement
My only problem with this site is really alot of the time people are rude and mean for no reason

They are not rude nor mean for NO reason, they are irritated and angry because people come here for help and then blatantly IGNORE the help and advice offered to them. People here give advice and it goes ignored many times, wasting their time. Everyone's interests here are for the best care of the chinchilla, and when that advice is just tossed to the side and blatantly ignored, it gets people upset. A) Because they are wasting their breath and B) Because we can only imagine what is going to happen to the real victims, the poor chinchillas.

As far as bpayne-
I think Lee has been taking in advice for people on here but being mean certainly won't get him to listen to you.

Unfortunately, no, I don't think he has been taking advice and I wish people would know the whole story before they fly in to stick up for those that toss the good advice aside. Our initial advice was to not get those chins at all- which he went and did. Once he got them anyway, our advice was to quarantine strictly (which is not hard to do at ALL)- which has now been broken. So- we say leave the chins apart for awhile still, let them settle in while he says the new ones aren't ready for playtime yet. Ignoring that, he rushes into playtime with the new chins with his previous chin. We say- cats and chins should not be together in the same room. So, he lets them be together in the same room.

Maybe now you see the inconstancies that have been posted SO many times, and maybe now you might see why some of the people here are irritated. I do not see anyone getting a "mean" tone to their post- if anything it is aggravated because SO many times advice has been given, tossed aside, and so many conflicting stories have been posted by the OP that nothing makes sense. People are starting to get fed up.

I can only hope it is a troll for the sake of the chinchillas involved, unfortunately I'm not sure if that's the case...but I really hope it is. They are the poor innocent victims here.

Where to even start with this mess.......

First of all, I don't believe Lee is a troll. I think he's a kid, and like most kids he's going to do what he wants when he wants to regardless of advice given. I have a 17-year-old daughter, I understand fully what this is. So, everybody needs to realize that and calm down. Getting aggravated isn't going to change what he's doing. I will agree with one thing Lee has said since joining this forum - if you don't want to read what he says, don't look at his threads, don't answer his questions. Lee, unfortunately for you, that will leave a very small pool of people who will be willing to help you out because you've alienated all of them. Sure you can have one person answer all your questions, that way you get one opinion, and most likely not the way most other people would do it. But, if getting advice from inexperienced people or from only person is what you want, good on you. Why don't you just go off forum and maintain that one on one relationship via email and save yourself and everyone else the aggravation.

Second, yes, this has become somewhat of a witch hunt and people need to back off. Not because I particularly care about Lee's feelings in this matter, but because my inbox was filled with reports on this thread this morning and I didn't much feel like wading through the muck to try and straighten everything out. I also agree that it is beating a dead horse. You can keep on posting and arguing and finger pointing, and it's changing what? Absolutely nothing. Lee is going to continue to do whatever he wants, however he wants, and folks are getting upset for no reason. Go grab a cup of coffee and let it roll off.

Third - Lee, call members of this forum A-holes again and I'll ban you. You are new here, so maybe you didn't realize that that is a stupid thing to do, but I'm pretty sure you intended it to be inflammatory so it was deleted. If you do it again, I won't hesitate to make your exit from this forum permanent. You've been here long enough to know that's not how posting goes.

I'm about sick and tired of people joining the forum, getting their panties twisted in a knot because they don't like something said to them, then immediately dropping into swearing and name calling. You want to pretend to be an adult, act like one. Use adult words in open forum or don't post.

All that said, everybody needs to go away and cool off for a while. Sometimes that's all you can do whether you are the poster or the responder. Just let it go and move on. As far as this thread, what's been done is done, so let's move forward from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back