My new chin...name ideas?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xnatebearx

Love me chins ^_^
I just bought her 3 days ago, and although she came from a horrible home( didn't give her dust baths, cut her tail!?!?! and she had feces all over her body and her feet had open wounds on them from wire bottom cages) she is now in a better place. She is mean right now, but I figure with lovin's she will get better (hopefully:hmm:)

But here she is I only have two pictures until I get a name for her, then I will ad more!
73916_458188943996_511288996_5687593_2620911_n.jpg

150808_458188453996_511288996_5687589_5055160_n.jpg

and here is my first baby girl :p
67419_442143293996_511288996_5432178_4853334_n.jpg

68846_442143353996_511288996_5432180_8376973_n.jpg

Shes too cute, I love the freckles on her ears. <3 Is she sitting on your lap in the car in those pictures? mine would hop down and zoom under the seats faster than i could blink hehe.

Eitherway, shes fortunate to have found a new home that will treat her with love and take care of her. What kind of crazy cuts a chins tail?

Poor thing. I hope she's seen a vet for treatment of her bumblefoot. Bumblefoot requires antiseptic foot soaks and in severe cases, oral antibiotics. It can become a chronic condition as well and if left untreated, infection can enter the bone.

How about Dotty? Means "Gift from God". Dotty kinda gives a little nod to the freckles too.

She's very cute, I hope she comes around- I'm sure she will with lots of love.

Poor thing. I hope she's seen a vet for treatment of her bumblefoot. Bumblefoot requires antiseptic foot soaks and in severe cases, oral antibiotics. It can become a chronic condition as well and if left untreated, infection can enter the bone.

Already taken care of :) I got the vets clear the feet for me :)

Shes too cute, I love the freckles on her ears. <3 Is she sitting on your lap in the car in those pictures? mine would hop down and zoom under the seats faster than i could blink hehe.

Eitherway, shes fortunate to have found a new home that will treat her with love and take care of her. What kind of crazy cuts a chins tail?

When I got her I kept hearing her wimper in the back, so I set her on my lap and she snuggled down and rested her head on my arm.

The Nyx reminded me of lynx and manx. They are cats, but because of her docked tail (WHY did someone cut her tail off?!?!?!?!?!). Eh, I could try to think of better but I'm procrastinating writing my paper for existentialism as it is...Unless you want to name her Nietzsche, Dostoevsky, or Kierkegaard (hahaha--but they are all men go figure).

The Nyx reminded me of lynx and manx. They are cats, but because of her docked tail (WHY did someone cut her tail off?!?!?!?!?!). Eh, I could try to think of better but I'm procrastinating writing my paper for existentialism as it is...Unless you want to name her Nietzsche, Dostoevsky, or Kierkegaard (hahaha--but they are all men go figure).

You know my Rodya and Sonya are named for the 2 Dostoevsky characters from Crime and Punishment? ;)
Sometimes I call Sonya by another nickname, "Sonechka". I think it's sweet :)
I've always been partial to old fashioned names for female animals: Eleanor, Florence, Alice, Nellie, Alexandra...Also, Irish or welsh names: Aoife (Pronounced 'Ee-fee'), Siobhan, Briallen, Kiera

You know my Rodya and Sonya are named for the 2 Dostoevsky characters from Crime and Punishment? ;)
Sometimes I call Sonya by another nickname, "Sonechka". I think it's sweet :)
I've always been partial to old fashioned names for female animals: Eleanor, Florence, Alice, Nellie, Alexandra...Also, Irish or welsh names: Aoife (Pronounced 'Ee-fee'), Siobhan, Briallen, Kiera

Oh, that's cool. I only started reading Brother Karamazov a while ago then stopped for school. Other than that I've never read him.

I can only thin of the names Katerina/Katya and Grushenka from that book for girl names. I would like irish names, too (mostly because I have one, woo!). My old roommate's name was Shai and everyone asked her if she was irish but she was italian. Is that an irish name, for a girl at least---I'm not sure? I like the name, though anyways, however it's spelled (Shai, Shea, Che...)

I like Bridgette, Pippi (Penelope from pippi long stocking), or Beezus! One of my beiges is Ginger because of south park! lol

You mentioned philosophy

I think that was all me, not Nate. Sorry...I talk about myself a lot. It's a problem. But hey, who knows, he might like some of those names or the idea. That's actually a pretty interesting link, I'm reading through it.

If I think of any other names, I'll let you know, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I am not too original.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back