My New Baby!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard that petting a sphynx is like petting a fuzzy hot water bottle, is that true?

She is a very pretty girl, and I'm sure she will grow up to be a complete princess!!! :)

Sphynx originated in the 1960's in Canada, I believe.

I heard that petting a sphynx is like petting a fuzzy hot water bottle, is that true?

Sort of... I don't know if this is the word I'm looking for, but her skin is more moveable... not stiff and thick like a hot water bottle. You can move it around and make it wrinkle.

Thanks for all the compliments. Here's a pic of Ryleigh from last night. She was shivering, so I put a sweater on her. Mind you it's July, and I live in Louisiana...

ryleigh8.jpg

She looks like she's mad, but she was purring and wanting to curl up and go to sleep. :heart:

she is just way too cute! I think you need more pictures in different sweaters and a picture of her getting that weekly bath! ;)

Wow Christie she certainly is unique! I've never heard of such a cat before. I'm amazed to see no fur, yet striping! She almost sort of looks like a bat to me! Very full of expression in those eyes of hers!

Congrats on her!

I have a heating pad on the end of my couch with a blanket covering it for her. She seeks out heat, and likes to get behind the blinds next to the window where it is warm. I have a chihuahua that loves to get under blankets and such, and now, usually you can find a chihuahua and cat under the blankets.
I don't think there is a reason for this... I related it to fact that they have no hair around their ears and that makes them look big. Their tails also seem very long.
Yes. They need weekly baths, and ear cleanings, as they do not have hair to absorb oils, and no hair in or around their ears to keep dirt out of them. They are stictly indoor cats because they have no hair, and would sunburn in the sun. They also eat more than a regular cat because they have a higher metabolism.
Is she difficult about the bathing? I had no idea they required so much extra care! Interesting!

Wow Christie she certainly is unique! I've never heard of such a cat before. I'm amazed to see no fur, yet striping! She almost sort of looks like a bat to me! Very full of expression in those eyes of hers!
LOL Laurie you really didn't know about naked cats?!

Back