My heart is broken.. Phoenix

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Aneesa's Muse

Just yesterday, I was telling my husband that I thought we'd be making a tough decision one day ..not too soon, but someday.... regarding Phoenix. I was explaining to hubby about the pain and suffering with severely advanced Malocclusion ..and that I never wanted Phoenix to suffer like that ..even if it meant ripping my heart out ..and saying goodbye to him. I went on to make a supplication (a prayer) for him to be protected from any pain ..and to let him go quickly, if he ever reached that point.

I had no idea..

Someday... one day.. was today.

We were spared the heart wrenching decision to take him in and say goodbye. I am thankful ..grateful.. for that blessing.

I checked on my boy a couple hours ago, and he was asleep. I didn't disturb him. My husband came home about half hour ago.. and found his body. His spirit has departed.

You were loved... and you shared much love in return. You made us giggle so many times... and I am certain that you laughed at us a few times, too. Eight months of love and laughter... seems like a lifetime.

We love you, Phoenix mo' squeeeeeeenix! :heart:

I am so sorry you lost Phoenix :( It is so difficult to lose a pet and I just went through the same thing a couple of days ago with my cockatiel who died suddenly from a huge tumor. I know that Phoenix was loved very much and he had a wonderful 8 months with you. He will always be a treasure that is kept in your heart. May he r.i.p.

Oh no I am so sorry :(. May his little soul rest in peace. I remember when you rescued him, how happy he looked in that bowl getting his dust bath, you were his angel and now he will be yours. I will say a prayer for him, I'm so sorry, what a good little chin to spare you from having to put him down. I am in tears right now.

I'm so sorry about Phoenix. I'm glad that he did not have to suffer.

Aminah, oh geez, I can't believe it! I am actually crying right now. You know I loved that guy too. When I have passed over the bridge I am going to visit with that silly boy. Well at least he feels great now, jumping and playing. I truely believe that. Phoenix, I will miss you! ((hugs)) for Mah.

It takes a big person to take in an animal with special needs and keep them comfortable and happy.

It takes an even bigger one to be able to say "When the time is right for my animal, don't wait for my broken heart to catch up."

With love like that behind him, Phoenix will never be truly gone.

I am so sorry for your loss. my his spirit rest in piece. if you still have his body you can make paw prints so you can always have him around. I have found that it is very soothing.

I'm so sorry!!! This reminds me so much of my most recent loss - I too finally told him to go if he needed to go and a few hours later he did. I feel your pain =(

I am so so sorry. I am going thru the same thing and my heart is breaking just reading this. I check on my boy every morning with a heavy heart just hoping he is ok but in a way like you I think it would be easier for him to go on his terms. So hard.
My thoughts are with you.

I am so sorry for your loss. I'm glad though that he was able to leave on his terms, when he was ready, sparing you that awful trip.

I'm so sorry :(

I agree with Peggy, at least now he is pain free, and he was able to go on his own terms

I'm truly sorry for your loss. Although sad now, may your memories of Phoenix make you smile. He did go in his own time, definitely a blessing.

Very sorry :( May he rest in peace, little guy. And his Mother should know he'll be watching over her for the rest of her life! Her little Guardian Angel, for sure.

Thank you all, for the condolences. It is much appreciated. I know ..some of you were here for me ..helped me that first scary day ..when I received my special boy. That was Dec. 8th, last year ..so my "eight months" is incorrect ...it's been seven ..but they were wonderful!

I will miss him ..I can't even express how much ..heck, I can barely even see, this morning. I miss him. But I woke up and smiled.. knowing that he isn't hurting and trying to hide it ..by bouncing all over the room, playing with us ..singing to me ...he's free.

:heart:

Back