My Grandma

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I'm not here often anymore, but I thought I'd share with you since you've all been such a huge support system for me...

My Grandma Ruth died yesterday morning (1:47am). She had been in the hospital for about a week, first with a UTI/kidney infection, then realized she had pneumonia. Then they think she had a stroke, they had to bring her back and then she was on 100% oxygen... couldn't breathe on her own at all, nor was she conscious. Then they did some sort of brain scan that showed very very very little (basically, so low that they considered it "no brain activity") Anyways, my mom was sad because she was the one who had to decide when the pull the oxygen and see if she could make it on her own. That never happened because Grandma coded last night. They asked my mom if they should try to bring her back. She said no. My mom was asking for a sign, and she got it. I miss her so much already. I'm just glad we didn't have to make the decision to let her go.

The day I was born. The 3 Elizabeth's. Viola Elizabeth (great gma), Ruth Elizabeth, and Elizabeth Marie.
famo.jpg

The day Remy was born. (My mom, my grandma, Remy and I)
DSCI0281.jpg

And just Grandma Ruth and Remy on the day he was born.
DSCI0276.jpg

I'm actually feeling kinda numb right now. Like, it hasn't really sunk in yet. I'm trying not to think about it, because every time I do, my eyes well up with tears.

I'm sorry for your loss. It's so hard when a grandparent passes away.

I'm very sorry for the loss of your Grandma. May she rest in peace till you meet again. I will pray for comfort for you and your family, Theresa

I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. May she rest in peace. Take your time and mourn. *hugs*

I'm so sorry. It's never easy to lose someone that you love. But, she is not gone. She's still with you and watching over you and all your loved ones. It's never "goodbye." Just "I'll see you later." Take care of yourself. You'll be in my thoughts.

It was really hard for me to post, my grandmother passed away over 12 years ago and today was her birthday. It still seems so fresh. I am very sorry about your grandma, cherish all your memories of her so that you can share them with Remy. *Hugs*

Thats one thing I was telling one of her friends today at the funeral, I'm just glad she got to meet and spend time and love Remy. Every time we went to see her at the nursing home, it was a surprise, she never knew we were coming, and so the moment we walked in the door she would cry because she was so happy. The little things like that mean a lot to me.

Back