My dog screams...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sycamore Chins

Finally got this off my phone to share. It's too funny not to pass it around.

This is Lela, my border collie and #1 in my heart. She was my first personal dog. She never made a PEEP until my mom taught her how to "talk" - now she won't shut up! When she is frustrated, or happy, or sad, or really any emotion at all...she screams. She is such a drama queen and has to let everyone know how she is feeling at all times. She will flop on the floor with the biggest sigh you've ever heard and then moan and groan when you don't pay attention to her.

In this case, my neighbor and I took my dogs down to the creek by the railroad tracks by our neighborhood. Lela has never actually lifted her feet off the bottom of any body of water and wasn't about to on this day. We were throwing sticks into the deeper part of the creek to try to get her to swim and well, this was her response (we almost peed ourselves laughing at her):

ETA: Turn down your volume!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di-P4Whv8NI

(Thankfully we were away from civilization so no police were called that I was beating my dog! :hilarious: )

You have way more patience than me, that's all I gotta say! That would drive me nuts.

Haha you get used to it, she really only gets to that high pitch scream/yodel when she's experiencing an emotion very strongly! She is in general a very good dog, well behaved but a little neurotic when it comes to staring at the cats, or chins, or anything that's moving.

I love her to bits!

my dobie constantly "talks" when he and my chihuahua play together! He lays on the floor and she climbs around on him, goes after his nose, and scratches at his chest. He loves it and talks/sings the entire time!!! It's funny at times and annoying when you can't hear the tv over all of his noise.

What a funny dog you have there!

Lela is so cute! i think the sound is kinda entertaining! i have a collie/shepard mix and she is the noisiest dog! barks at the darn wind.

Thanks guys! She is quite a bit of entertainment. Helps since I don't have cable! She never has really "barked" before. She just "talks", if we try to get her to "speak" it comes out as a scream. If she's in guard dog mode, it sounds like a yodel. No barking from her!

I secretly think her mom had a fling with a beagle/basenji mix. XD

She's adorable. Border collies are so smart. At least you know if you really wanted to, you could train her to hush up lol

Back